MSC Divina Cabin 12193

Tracey/Thom

Thanks community! You all convinced me to book our first MSC cruise - in December, 7 nights, Caribbean, so excited!! We're taking the Fantastic Experience, interior cabin, deck 12. Anyone ever stay in this cabin? The MSC rep. said it was 169 sq. ft and the others were 138 sq. ft. Any thoughts? Hoping it's not one that has strange angles/humps, or too near excessive noise.

Thanks community! You all convinced me to book our first MSC cruise - in December, 7 nights, Caribbean, so excited!! We're taking the Fantastic Experience, interior cabin, deck 12. Anyone ever stay in this cabin? The MSC rep. said it was 169 sq. ft and the others were 138 sq. ft. Any thoughts? Hoping it's not one that has strange angles/humps, or too near excessive noise.

It is a 168 sq ft cabin and it is a square shape as against the usual rectangle. You have made a good choice on the "fantastica experience"

It was one of the cabins I suggest I would prefer not to have as it has a white space going around two walls. In addition it has a large "white Space" below it and a "white space" over half the cabin above it

See the areas in blue elipses in the image below. I suspect it is not an innocuous linen cupboard but maybe a crew access route and staircase which could well be noisy.

OR I could be entirely wrong you just don't know unless you have seen what it is for yourself , which I haven't.

I hope I haven't just burst your Happiness bubble

12193%20a.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Wow Skier52, you're amazing! I followed your recommendations to the tee...but must have missed that number...You're right, it does look a bit suspicious, the rep. said he didn't know what that white space was. Should I just ask another rep. do you think? Or does anyone else in CC land have any experience with 12193?

It is a 168 sq ft cabin and it is a square shape as against the usual rectangle. You have made a good choice on the "fantastica experience"

It was one of the cabins I suggest I would prefer not to have as it has a white space going around two walls. In addition it has a large "white Space" below it and a "white space" over half the cabin above it

See the areas in blue elipses in the image below. I suspect it is not an innocuous linen cupboard but maybe a crew access route and staircase which could well be noisy.

OR I could be entirely wrong you just don't know unless you have seen what it is for yourself , which I haven't.

I hope I haven't just burst your Happiness bubble

12193%20a.jpg

Pete

On our last sailing onboard Divina Pete,,I walked into one of those "White" areas. It was a room which had a huge ice maker where I filled up our ice bucket,,sinks,,and other supplies. The one I walked into was above 12263 on the deck plan, so I'm wondering if some of those "White" areas are just that,,utility and supply rooms for the cabin stewards.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Wow Skier52, you're amazing! I followed your recommendations to the tee...but must have missed that number...You're right, it does look a bit suspicious, the rep. said he didn't know what that white space was. Should I just ask another rep. do you think? Or does anyone else in CC land have any experience with 12193?

I don't think any rep will know or even be told by MSC if they ask.

Unless somebody has actually stayed in that cabin and reported the fact it will be difficult to find out.

I've just done a search of the forum, although there are references to it (people making inquiries like yourself) but can't find any reference to anyone staying in it

Edited by Skier52

On our last sailing onboard Divina Pete,,I walked into one of those "White" areas. It was a room which had a huge ice maker where I filled up our ice bucket,,sinks,,and other supplies. The one I walked into was above 12263 on the deck plan, so I'm wondering if some of those "White" areas are just that,,utility and supply rooms for the cabin stewards.

They vary from electrical cupboards to heating calorifiers to storage cupboards to stairwells and obvoiously ice makers

I tried to make that clear on the other thread when I said

"White Spaces" may be a real source of nuisance noise or may be nothing more than a linen cupboard which would not be a problem at all, I've just pointed out any cabin next to a white space

maybe I should have said "...........such as a linen cupboard or other storage cupboard.............

I know some white spaces are crew access and stairwell as I was shown one by one of my cabin stewards, iT was one used by room service

Edited by Skier52

Well I guess I'm going to be the first to review that cabin! Decided to take my chances and hope it's not totally awful. No, you haven't burst my Happiness bubble, Skier52, just excited to be trying out a new cruise line!

Well I guess I'm going to be the first to review that cabin! Decided to take my chances and hope it's not totally awful. No, you haven't burst my Happiness bubble, Skier52, just excited to be trying out a new cruise line!

Look on you tube there is a lady that reviews that room, her only problem was noisy neighbors.

Riclop, you rock! The YouTube video was great, who would have thought to look there! Thanks for the tip.

i'm looking forward to your review of the cabin, and hope you'll be bold enough to ask what the "White space" on the sides of the cabin are.

Pete

i'm looking forward to your review of the cabin, and hope you'll be bold enough to ask what the "White space" on the sides of the cabin are.

Pete

When we sail in December Pete,,I'm going to make it my mission to put a name and some pics to some of those white spaces,,,

When we sail in December Pete,,I'm going to make it my mission to put a name and some pics to some of those white spaces,,,

Great thinking Mikesa1721! I haven't yet figured out how to upload photos, but I LOVE seeing them on here.

Here is my method mostly posting by pictures.

Before you can post any images you need to get access , (by subscribing to), an image hosting service.

I use photo bucket but there are others like Flickr; Picassa

I'm going to write it with respect to Photobucket

You will need a readily accessible folder to put images in for uploading

I'll start with

HOW TO CREATE A SCREEN DUMP

A) Have the image you want to post on screen

B) Press the key that has PrtScn on it

C) Open an image processing program such as the one I use MS Paint

D) Paste the image into Paint by press your left mouse key once on the screen and the pasting in your usual fashion

posting22.jpg

HOW TO CROP YOUR IMAGE

1) Select crop (see arrow 1)

2) Select the selection tool; rectangular selection; (see arrow 2)

3) Draw around the selection by clicking and dragging the tool. (see arrow 3)

4) Right mouse click inside the selection and choose crop (see arrow 4)

Your cropped image will look like this

posting23.jpg

Now save your image

posting24.jpg

A) Press the icon in the top left hand corner; select save as and jpeg picture) NOT THE BMP I WRONGLY SELECTED ON MY SCREEN DUMP

B) Give it a name and save it to your folder for images. one that you can find readily

UPLOAD TO YOUR IMAGE HOSTING SERVICE

For Photobucket

A) Open photobucket

posting28.jpg

1) Press UPLOAD (see arrow 1)

2) Select your album (see arrow 2)

3) Press choose photos and videos(see arrow 3)

POST FROM PHOTOBUCKET TO CRUISE CRITIC

In photobucket

A) Click the thumbnail of the image you want (it goes large)

B) Click in the box next to Direct it momentarily goes yellow and says copied

posting25.jpg

Go to cruise critic reply box

A) Click in the box where you want the image

B) Click the Picture icon (See arrow 1)

C) Paste the copied URL in the dialogue box that appears

D) Press enter

repeat up to 7 times per reply box

JOB DONE

• 5 months later...

Just returned from our Dec 5th cruise to Puerto Rico and St. Thomas - this cabin was GREAT! We stuck a Christmas stocking on the door (with duct tape, the walls are magnetic, not the door), so it was easy to see from a distance - the halls are long! It was kind of a square shape, and VERY efficiently laid out. The bed was comfortable, ample storage underneath for 2 suitcases, the mini fridge was great to keep our bottled water and the tv was high up enough to be out of the way, it was great to check our account on the tv each night to make sure everything was ok. Also to use the webcam to get the sun in our room each morning! (very handy for a dark interior room). The bathroom seemed larger than the other cruiselines we've been on, the shower doors opened in, not out, which was very efficient. There was a dispenser for shampoo and shower gel, and 2 shelves. Also provided was liquid soap and plenty of fluffy towels. There were no washcloths, but I left the cabin attendant a note and got them quickly.

I loved the little door marker indicating if we needed her to make up the room, and she cleaned it twice a day, promptly. On the occasions we ran into her into the hallway she was very friendly and polite. Also, I liked that we had to put our shipcard into a slot to turn on the lights, which meant we never forgot to turn off the lights when we left! It also showed the cabin attendant that the room was occupied (there's a little orange light on the ceiling outside each room), so she never entered.

This room was right next door to a crew alley, and a crew elevator. We rarely saw any crew and WE HEARD NOTHING. The ship was full - and yet this room was very quiet.

There was a desk, an ottoman which fit under the desk and a desk lamp. A coffee table, a soft chair, 2 bedside tables, 2 lamps and a large mirror over the desk. The hairdryer was in the drawer. Ice bucket on the desk with glasses (real ones, not those ugly plastic ones). There was lots of storage, both hanging and in drawers, and we didn't even use the top shelf.

We even had our own "private" elevator within a few steps of Cabin 12193, (although others soon discovered it!) - it put us out right outside the buffet on Deck 14, two decks above us. Perfect for a quick run for coffee!

Any questions about Cabin 12193? I'm happy to respond. Someone else also posted a YouTube video on this cabin, which shows you how spacious it really is for an interior room.

Just returned from our Dec 5th cruise to Puerto Rico and St. Thomas - this cabin was GREAT! We stuck a Christmas stocking on the door (with duct tape, the walls are magnetic, not the door), so it was easy to see from a distance - the halls are long! It was kind of a square shape, and VERY efficiently laid out. The bed was comfortable, ample storage underneath for 2 suitcases, the mini fridge was great to keep our bottled water and the tv was high up enough to be out of the way, it was great to check our account on the tv each night to make sure everything was ok. Also to use the webcam to get the sun in our room each morning! (very handy for a dark interior room). The bathroom seemed larger than the other cruiselines we've been on, the shower doors opened in, not out, which was very efficient. There was a dispenser for shampoo and shower gel, and 2 shelves. Also provided was liquid soap and plenty of fluffy towels. There were no washcloths, but I left the cabin attendant a note and got them quickly.

I loved the little door marker indicating if we needed her to make up the room, and she cleaned it twice a day, promptly. On the occasions we ran into her into the hallway she was very friendly and polite. Also, I liked that we had to put our shipcard into a slot to turn on the lights, which meant we never forgot to turn off the lights when we left! It also showed the cabin attendant that the room was occupied (there's a little orange light on the ceiling outside each room), so she never entered.

This room was right next door to a crew alley, and a crew elevator. We rarely saw any crew and WE HEARD NOTHING. The ship was full - and yet this room was very quiet.

There was a desk, an ottoman which fit under the desk and a desk lamp. A coffee table, a soft chair, 2 bedside tables, 2 lamps and a large mirror over the desk. The hairdryer was in the drawer. Ice bucket on the desk with glasses (real ones, not those ugly plastic ones). There was lots of storage, both hanging and in drawers, and we didn't even use the top shelf.

We even had our own "private" elevator within a few steps of Cabin 12193, (although others soon discovered it!) - it put us out right outside the buffet on Deck 14, two decks above us. Perfect for a quick run for coffee!

Any questions about Cabin 12193? I'm happy to respond. Someone else also posted a YouTube video on this cabin, which shows you how spacious it really is for an interior room.

Glad you enjoyed your cabin and cruise.