Carnival Spa/Healthy Menu

mtemple

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise in about 3 years. I'm looking forward to our upcoming trip on the Valor. I'm curious to know whether Carnival still has a menu that includes low fat/low calorie options in the dining rooms. I actually really enjoyed knowing I could have some good food options that tasted great! =) Especially after having a field day at the breakfast and lunch buffets!

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise in about 3 years. I'm looking forward to our upcoming trip on the Valor. I'm curious to know whether Carnival still has a menu that includes low fat/low calorie options in the dining rooms. I actually really enjoyed knowing I could have some good food options that tasted great! =) Especially after having a field day at the breakfast and lunch buffets!

This isnt the Menu, but the press release issued earlier this year about the Spa Menu. Im sure all the ships have implemented this by now.

MIAMI (March 5, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines has completely revamped its "Spa Carnival Fare" culinary offerings, incorporating the latest trends in gourmet preparation, ingredients and presentation to create the ultimate in healthy fine dining options.

Showcasing the talents of Carnival’s master chefs, the new selections will be featured on all dining room menus and include nearly 50 different salads, appetizers, soups, entrees and desserts, all lower in calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium content, and free of trans fat.

The new items will debut on the Carnival Freedom’s European sailings March 5 and be rolled out fleetwide over the next several months.

New "Spa Carnival Fare" entrees include Seared Supreme of Chicken over Grilled Pineapple, Wild Mushroom Medley and Cured Watermelon (320 calories with 6 grams of fat, 60 mg cholesterol and 310 mg of sodium per serving), and Peppered Fillet of Tilapia over Ratatouille, Zucchini Cannelloni and Asparagus Nage (280 calories, 7 mg fat, 50 mg cholesterol and 330 mg sodium).

Starters include Langoustino and Shrimp on Shaved Fennel Salad, Low Calorie Lemon Dressing (80 calories, 2 mg fat, 45 mg cholesterol, and 150 mg sodium), and Charred Broccoli and Cauliflower Tortellini, Served with Slow Cooked Tomato Broth (190 calories, 4 grams of fat, 0 mg cholesterol, and 480 mg of sodium), while desserts include Roasted Banana Panna Cotta in Citrus Broth Garnished with Fresh Berries (150 calories, 2 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, and 30 mg sodium).

"Consumers today are seeking healthier dining alternatives – even while on vacation – and the introduction of these new ‘Spa Carnival Fare’ menu items are part of our ongoing effort to provide our guests with the widest variety of tantalizing, high quality culinary offerings at sea," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

In addition to the new "Spa Carnival Fare" selections, Carnival offers a number of other options for today’s health-conscious vacationers, including extensive 35-item salad bars, 24-hour frozen yogurt stations in the Lido restaurants, and vegetarian selections at all meal times.

Additionally, Carnival offers some of cruising’s largest and most elaborate health and fitness centers with the latest exercise equipment such as stair-climbing and rowing machines, treadmills and stationary bicycles, along with organized fitness classes, including Pilates and yoga. A sophisticated menu of European-style therapies and treatments are also available.

Carnival ships also include basketball and volleyball courts, whirlpools and padded one-eighth-mile jogging tracks.

There is an alternate menu. I order from it if I'm not crazy about what's on the main side. There usually is a good fish on it, salads with lowfat dressings, and other light dishes. I'm pretty sure one of the desserts is also on the light side.

Thank you everyone, I'm even more excited now than I was before. And buddy...I wish I could do that (eat healthy during the day and indulge at night), but it's so hard to eat healthy at some of the ports. PLUS, I like to enjoy several fruity cocktails by the pool, which definitely costs a bunch of calories!

Archived