Pink sand beach

Crazylegs1976

Most of the beaches are exactly the same colour - a whitish sand with a pink tinge - that is what is meant by a pink sand beach. It looks entirely different from a yellow sand beach which, being used to Bermuda beaches, always looks dirty to me.

All the beaches along the south shore - Church, Horseshoe, Chaplin, Warwick Long Bay, Elbow, Grape Bay, John Smiths etc etc are the same colour. Look on google maps or similar to see where they are and what they look like.

i am wondering if there are any real pink sand beaches in Bermuda and if so what is the name of the beach and the best way to get there. We only have a few hours but would love to see a pink sand beach

Thanks

Bermuda is known for pink sand beaches. It is the tint of the sand. Warwick, Elbow, Horseshoe, many miles of beautiful beaches. Horseshoe is easiest to get to from the Dockyard. Warwick looks the most pinkish to me but we all tend to have somewhat varying color perception.

You can take a Minibus Shuttle or a public bus to Horseshoe.

The beach you asked about in your other post, Snorkel Park, is not a pink sand beach. It is a man made beach.

Edited by Charles4515

The "pink sand" I am told is the coral that is broken up/crushed among the sand granules. I think it appears a bit peachy as you are very close, but definitely peachy pink as you look from afar. I love Horseshoe Bay! Take the mini shuttle buses that are right at the port. Years ago we took the local buses, but there's no point now that the shuttles run. Enjoy!

The "pink sand" I am told is the coral that is broken up/crushed among the sand granules. I think it appears a bit peachy as you are very close, but definitely peachy pink as you look from afar. I love Horseshoe Bay! Take the mini shuttle buses that are right at the port. Years ago we took the local buses, but there's no point now that the shuttles run. Enjoy!

The pink comes from microorganisms that have a pink shell that have washed up on the shore and mixed in with the sand.