Horse and Carriage on our own

East Coaster

We are going on the Island Princess next month and one of our stops is Cartagena Colombia. I read about a horse and carriage ride around the Old City. Can you do this on your own or do we need to take a ships tour? Is there any other transportation at the Old City other than horse and carriage?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, you can do it on your own. Not sure how much it cost, though. Taxis can be found easily within the walls of the old city. Walking is always an option too.

Thank you for your help! I would like to see the dungeons and on the printed map I have its quite a walk from the entrance. I didn't know if they allow vehicles within the old city and glad to hear taxis are available. We want to walk around, too!

I see you are living in Colombia. Do you have any suggestions as to manuever around the old city? We are looking forward to visiting Colombia!

Take the taxi to exactly where you want to start, not just the entrance to the old city. If you want to ride the horse and carriage you can get on right there by the dungon. I was in Cartatgena for a week a year ago and stayed at a hotel in the old city. We just walked everywhere we wanted to go within the walls but we had more time then you will have. If it looks to far to walk, take a cab but for the most part of you want to walk, you can and enjoy the sights along the way. Have fun! I didn;t go to the dungeon but DH says it is pretty cool. He went there a several years back.

I thought you had to go through a main entrance, lol! So we could take a taxi from the pier to the dungeons and work our way back. Thats good news! The map I have isn't too explicit and it looked like there was only one entrance. Thanks so much for your help!

Sorry, I really don´t know. I went with pesos since I work here. I would think you can but make sure you don´t get taken advantage of with a bad rate. Check the rate before you go too. The peso is getting more and more expensive each day. I think today it is about 1900 col. pesos to 1 USD. You can find ATMs easily in the old town if you need to pulse for some pesos.

Archived