Nail Salon Onboard

jobu

Going on a longer than usual, for me, cruise. I know that my manicure will not last the entire time. Does anyone know how much a french manicure or just a color change might cost on the Explorer?

I had a polish change when we were aboard Liberty OTS during the recent transatlantic sailing, and I paid $18, plus the 15% gratuity which was automatically added to the bill. I had a 15% off coupon in my C&A booklet which I remembered to take with me....;)

I had a polish change when we were aboard Liberty OTS during the recent transatlantic sailing, and I paid $18, plus the 15% gratuity which was automatically added to the bill. I had a 15% off coupon in my C&A booklet which I remembered to take with me....;)

Is that the coupon for spa treatments?

based on my bad experience with manicurist on vos in september - If I were in your position I would be taking my own polish etc and doing it myself - I ended up with a cut finger and nails that were a mess. Could have been just the person who did it but I was not impressed and left feeling sore and angry. Think about getting a product like shellac applied before you go.... a shellac polish lasts me at least 3 weeks and much much longer on toes

Think about getting a product like shellac applied before you go.... a shellac polish lasts me at least 3 weeks and much much longer on toes

If you are referring to "manicure gel", I've been getting this for about a year, and seriously LOVE it!

I get the clear so there is no obvious look of the new nail versus the polish at the bottom of my nails. I just add clear topcoat every so often to keep the same shiny look. What I love about this is you can cut and shape your nails as they grow out. After using it twice, my nails got so strong that I can go for over a month before getting it replaced. With the clear it's impossible to see the new growth.

I would also recommend the 'shellac polish' before you go. this is different than gel, although gel would work also.

I recently had shellac done before my cruise and it lasted 3 weeks.

I also get french with the clear topcoat and you cannot notice as they grow out.

I think we are referring to the same thing, right? My salon calls it a "manicure gel", but it's not the same as the older gels that create a really think hard shell over your nails. This, as I said, can be cut and filed like your real nails.

I think I will try the french next time.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'm actually getting my nails done this afternoon. I will ask for the gel and/or shellack finish. That should do fine since we'll only be away for 11 days.

shellac is the brand name of cnd products so I guess there are lots of others out there doing the same job.... I love it. ON VOS they were advertising it but was loads more expensive than salon at home - hope you lovely ladies out there who use find it as nice as I do for shiny nails :)

Archived