shuttle Allure to another ship

smlcruisers

On 14 February,2016 my wife and I will disembark the Allure Of The Seas. We then need to get to the Nieuw Amsterdam which departs at 4:PM the same day.Does anyone know of a free shuttle service from point A to point B? I know that it is too far to walk and I would think that the taxis are probably not too thrilled about such a short distance fare.Thanks for any advice.

On 14 February,2016 my wife and I will disembark the Allure Of The Seas. We then need to get to the Nieuw Amsterdam which departs at 4:PM the same day.Does anyone know of a free shuttle service from point A to point B? I know that it is too far to walk and I would think that the taxis are probably not too thrilled about such a short distance fare.Thanks for any advice.

I've heard of a inter terminal crew shuttle that may take guests. Ask at Guest Services. Also, someone reported a couple of weeks ago that the airport transfer bus was kind enough to drop them at another terminal. I don't know if that's a regular thing, or a one time shot.

Personally, I'd plan on the taxi.

We have taken a free RCL shuttle in Port Everglades between ships but they were between RCL/Celebrity ships. I don't think they will drop you off at a HAL ship.

In any case, the metered taxi fare to the airport is less than $15 plus tip. I would check with the taxi driver and see what you can work out.

Mid-port terminal has a shuttle that runs between the parking structure and the far embarkation points. Took it when we sailed several years ago as there was no parking close. That might work.

Great idea.:)

I also did the same when I did a back to back on a 2 Different RCCL Ships (Pier 18 to Pier 25). If I remember right I did have to switch busses (The one was only going to 18 and back to parking, and the other was going to others and back to parking... but it didn't take long at all.

We switched from Celebrity Silhouette to Allure in March 2014 and I asked lots of questions on here before then to see if there was any chance of a shuttle between ships. I also asked once I was onboard Silhouette. In every case the answer was NO - the only way to do it is by taxi.

As someone else pointed out, make sure you pay the driver a decent amount as they they have to rejoin the back of the taxi line.

We did this and arranged however it was from the Allure to Celebrity Silhouette. Since both are in the same company, the regular airport bus took us to the airport to drop off the disemarked passengers then took us to our Celebrity terminal. This was in Fort Lauderdale and fast and easy as the airport is close. Also, no charge. We arranged this at guest services during cruise one. We do not travel light, especially for two weeks of cruising.

The year before we did the reverse and didn't think to ask about a transfer. We were going to take a taxi, however the porter offered to carry our luggage across the terminal from the Silhouette to the Allure. It was a long walk across the parking lot to the other side of the terminal. We felt it was easier then going into a cab and out of it again. Gave him a double tip!

Enjoy.

Edited by Cruise a holic