Azamara Quest: Nights in private places sleeping under the stars

jcgirl

My husband and I just were on the Quest from May 30 to June 11, 2016. They have this fantastic program called 'nights in private places'. They set up a fourposter bed with Frette linens and robes on the spa deck on the front of nine. They close it off to everyone else on the ship from 8 PM to 8 AM and allow you to sleep underneath the stars while they give you private staff to cook an amazing dinner with six different meat and seafood proteins as well as fabulous accompaniments. There's a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries by the thalassotherapy pool which is completely yours all night. They also bring out a continental breakfast the next morning. To give you privacy they cover up all of the security cameras and then set up 70 candles on the deck for a beautifully romantic evening. It is one of the most amazing experiences we've ever had on a cruise ship.

We did it on the same cruise- one of the most unique, romantic experiences ever! We truly would have paid double for it. Highly recommended. We requested they leave the men's steam room on later & turn up the temp on the thallasotherapy pool, so we did a steam just before dinner & again after dinner pre-dessert, then the pool after our servers left. We did it in port, so there was less wind, & didn't need the covers, just slept looking up at the stars. Some people might prefer using ear plugs or an eye mask (the deck lights remain on). You own waiter & chef, cooking on 800 degree hot rocks at your table.

We also highly recommend the French & California Chef's Tables (ironically not the Italian even with an Italian Executive Chef, Fabio).

We also highly recommend the French & California Chef's Tables (ironically not the Italian even with an Italian Executive Chef, Fabio).

How was the wine quality with the chef's table dinners? I assume all the wines for a particular dinner are from the theme location.

Edited by johnnycruise

Those staying in a Spa Suite get a complimentary Nights in Private Places.

Phil

You also get it included if you buy the "Love" package.

Knowing our luck if we did it, it would rain, seagulls would attack us and we would be woken by gawping dockside navvies :)

• Like 1

You also get it included if you buy the "Love" package.

Knowing our luck if we did it, it would rain, seagulls would attack us and we would be woken by gawping dockside navvies :)

That made me laugh. 😂 I so want to do this on our cruise in July but when I mentioned it to DH, his reply was almost identical to yours! 😂 He's going to take some convincing! 😏

My husband and I just were on the Quest from May 30 to June 11, 2016. They have this fantastic program called 'nights in private places'. They set up a fourposter bed with Frette linens and robes on the spa deck on the front of nine. They close it off to everyone else on the ship from 8 PM to 8 AM and allow you to sleep underneath the stars while they give you private staff to cook an amazing dinner with six different meat and seafood proteins as well as fabulous accompaniments. There's a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries by the thalassotherapy pool which is completely yours all night. They also bring out a continental breakfast the next morning. To give you privacy they cover up all of the security cameras and then set up 70 candles on the deck for a beautifully romantic evening. It is one of the most amazing experiences we've ever had on a cruise ship.

Glad you had a great time. We did not. After six months of planning, calling my TA, calling the cruise line, booking a spa suite, and reserving the "night" for our 20th anniversary, we were severely disappointed. Seems the concierge just forgot about the reservation. Trying to keep it a surprise for my DW, I repeatedly asked for details during the previous cruise (we were back-to-back bookings) and during the first three days of the cruise discussed above, but got nothing but bad or no info (Front Desk, "just show up at 1800 at the spa.") Each couple is supposed to receive detailed instructions up front, in writing, about what to bring, access after spa hours, and where to meet the service team. Got nothing. Finally at 1600 on our anniversary I got a belated call from the concierge, "Sorry, but I have been busy with eight other passengers with lost luggage." As they were not ready and the surprise was blown, we cancelled and asked for another date on the cruise. We had to rebook for a sea date (as the weather forecast was for 80 degrees) and were literally frozen out. The head waiter and his assistant did their best but it was so cold that four cooking stones still did not cook the meat for one course. Mt DW was shivering, and with the winds, well, we bailed. Never Again Azamara. Never.

Regarding Privacy, the written instructions state your privacy is not guaranteed. The say cameras will be turned off, shades drawn, but access can still be had thru the ladies locker room and people in the gym can see the bed through the the cracks in the gym window shades.

And even though the blinds are drawn in the Living Room ( which made a great deal of people angry that were there to watch the sunset - too much wind to watch on open deck) you could still see down to the area if you wanted too. Not sure I am that keen on this until they get the privacy thing sorted.

We did feel sorry for you guys.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

They close the spas to the public after 8pm, so you have full access to toilets, showers and even steam room if you request that they leave it on for a little while. As for cocktails served after the servers leave, I'm not sure. We had so much champagne, wine and after dinner drinks (things like Baileys are included in the experience) that we didn't have room for anymore after they left!

• 2 years later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:58 PM, graciekelli said:

Is there a way to ensure dh total privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, they put black out bags over all of the cameras.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We have a spa suite for our next cruise so we will have this. I think it sounds like an amazing experience! Would love to hear from more who have experienced it.

Our meal was cooked for us right there and served by our Butler. A bar was set up for us as well. After dessert, he took our breakfast order and left us.  The entire area was lit by battery candles and it was wonderful.  We had access to the spa pool and the spa for the use of the washroom and showers.

We were provided with robes and slippers.  The side table contained chocolate covered strawberries.

We could hear the sound of the waves hitting the ship, so that kept me from a sound sleep, but the thrill of being there was wonderful.

The Butler arrived in the morning to serve us breakfast.  You have to be out by 8 am because the spa opens.

If given the opportunity to do it again, I would.

We were doing this to celebrate my birthday, but we had to rearrange it twice due to rain.

IMG_20180323_093334.jpg

IMG_20180323_101244.jpg

IMG_20180323_100934.jpg

• Like 1