Choice Air Fares

Mr&MrsBee

How accurate are Choice Air prices. Orlando to Vancouver in,Anchorage to Orlando in August or Sept this year is @$585. For the same cruise in May of 2017 the price is $1818.00. What a big jump. Yet the May 17 cruise travelling

Orlando to Vancouver disembarking in Seattle then to Orlando is $585. Previous airfares were @$400 2 years ago. I understand inflated prices but $1818.00 per person is over the top. Am I missing something?

Try different routes. Alaska air can be reasonable. Try one ways.

For example I need to fly from London to MIA or FLL. It was less than half the price for me to fly Norwegian Air into FLL and then out of MIA after the cruise on Virgin versus a return rate on anything else. On Virgin's website a oneway from MIA to Heathrow was $1300+, and I got that segment for $300 with CHOICEAIR.

Some times Choice Air has great prices other flight not any savings over booking direct with the airlines. We use them most often for 1way fares. May 2017 is a long way off-those fares will probably come down before then.

As the other poster mentioned you sometimes have to fly to a nearby airport rather than the closest. Miami & Ft Lauderdale are a good example we are sailing into Miami. If we were to fly home out of Miami our flight would br $201 each. By flying out of Ft Lauderdale we saved $50 each.

Often times domestic flights may not be competitive vs what you can get elsewhere, international is where their sweet spot is.

So you are not missing anything at all, except shopping to compare and decide from there.

bon voyage

Just like Celebrity's website the Choice Air website can have a glitch or two. Try google flights or ITA Matrix and if you find a cheaper flight Choice Air can usually match or beat it.

For my upcoming cruise I booked Choice Air because of an extra incentive and when I first looked at their flight options they were a lot more expensive than what I could purchase on my own. I called with some other routes/options and they quickly found them and offered a better price.

When RCL first offered ChoiceAir a while back, it was a mess. The technology involved in airfare pricing used by the airlines has advanced so far in the last 5 years that consolidators like ChoiceAir that are maximizing the functionality of this technology have gotten really good. I use ChoiceAir almost exclusively on cruises departing from international ports and find pricing to be quite good ....... esp., as someone has already mentioned, on one way fares.

An added benefit is that making ChoiceAir bookings insures that Celebrity will get you there. No charge. The airlines charge considerable fees for flight insurance (not to be confused with medical/evacuation insurance). We are sailing out of Venice in August of this year. I booked arrangements to fly into Zurich to visit my daughter who live there for 5d separately. I booked the Zurich to Venice leg, same day of the sailing, with ChoiceAir who booked the connection I had already identified as the one I wanted (Swiss Air) at a price about $20 pp lower than what was showing at other web sites including Swiss Air's.

Something to think of on a related note. Traveling between European destinations on airlines licensed to fly there looks, at first glance, to be inexpensive. All the European based carriers use tiered pricing and you have to look very carefully at what is included in the fare you are selecting. There are usually 3-4 tiers. The lowest tier, and therefore the lowest pricing, severely restricts what you can carry on board and, of course, the more you want to travel with, the higher the price.

Not only that but European airlines actually enforce baggage size and weight limitations for carry-ons and checked bags. Make sure you carefully read baggage size and weight for both carry-ons and checked bags for the airline you are flying with. There are subtle differences among European carriers and they are quite a bit different than US carriers.

I can confirm that Choice Air does a really good job of 1 way international flights. I recently booked Toronto-Rome, premium economy, for about half the fare of the Air Canada website. For some reason Choice Air didn't offer the same great prices for Miami- Toronto after the transatlantic , but I booked that on my own. No biggie.

Its a little early to be looking for good airfares for next May. Wait until after the 1st of the year...prices will drop. Keep checking the Choice Air website and airline websites. I usually find the best prices a few months before flying.

Its a little early to be looking for good airfares for next May. Wait until after the 1st of the year...prices will drop. Keep checking the Choice Air website and airline websites. I usually find the best prices a few months before flying.

Just noticed price drop to $1031. Will wait til 1st of year. Added note we lived in Meridian for 10 yr. Retired from Sears and wife from Merrill Lynch.

I don't fly internationally for any of my cruises, thus, have never found any better deals than what I can find on my own when using Choice Air.

However, I was looking into first class airfare for a cruise on Royal Caribbean using Choice Air for several months. It is consistently 3 times as much on Choice Air than on Alaska's site. I could call them to match it but why bother? I've not had any luck with this site but then again, as mentioned, I don't fly internationally. I hear you can get some really good deals using the site for these flights.

We have only used Choice air twice. Both on one ways. Home from Barcelona a one way MIA-Costa Rica. Savings have been about 15 percent over what we could do on our own.

On all other occasions, including one way to or from Europe we have been able to do as good or better on our own. We have found Choice air flights to/from Asia and Australia to be very much overpriced.

Edited by iancal

We used ChoiceAir for HNL-YVR cruise, we booked business class, the plane size was downgraded to all econ for the first leg. When we got home, I applied to UA for a refund, they granted it 3 days later. We kept watching our CC account and nothing showed up, finally DH called and they said it had been refunded to choiceair, he called them and after getting a lot of run around for several days, finally someone from that dept said it would take 2 billing cycles for it to show up. WHAT?? they've had the money since May. Not a happy camper.

Just noticed price drop to $1031. Will wait til 1st of year. Added note we lived in Meridian for 10 yr. Retired from Sears and wife from Merrill Lynch.

Small world! We are considering relocating to Florida or Texas in the next few years. Kids are moving around the world (oldest daughter lives in England, oldest son is Navy, youngest daughter works for Disney and other son is planning to move soon) and its looking like none of them will remain/return to Idaho.

Keep checking airfares....airlines will have fare sales periodically. We got a GREAT deal with United for England for this summer. Was only a 2 day sale and only for London...not published, just got lucky. We managed to get business class for $2800/person....unheard of!

An added benefit is that making ChoiceAir bookings insures that Celebrity will get you there. No charge. The airlines charge considerable fees for flight insurance (not to be confused with medical/evacuation insurance).

I can always tell threads that start elsewhere and end up on Cruise Air.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Celebrity is NOT involved in "get you there". Read the actual terms and conditions of their air services and you will see that they are merely acting as an agent and have NO responsibility for any delivery of service. Don't fall of the marketing hype and brochure words - read the actual legal words.

Also, the "flight insurance" you are talking about is for something entirely different - and it depends very much exactly what kind of situation you are looking to cover.

But hey....it's cheap and easy. What more do you need to know.

I can always tell threads that start elsewhere and end up on Cruise Air.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Could you tell us please...just what is "Cruise Air???" :rolleyes:

There USED to be something called "Choice Air" from Royal Caribbean... that offered incredibly low prices on the exact same planes, with the exact same crew, on the exact same day, that were quite often, but not always, significantly less money than if purchased through the air lines. ;)

They are now called "AIR2SEA" and no one is REQUIRED to use the service, but anyone with a reservation number on Royal, Celebrity or Azamara CAN use it. :cool:

But hey....it's cheap and easy... and quite often that is all you need to know.

How accurate are Choice Air prices. Orlando to Vancouver in,Anchorage to Orlando in August or Sept this year is @$585. For the same cruise in May of 2017 the price is $1818.00. What a big jump. Yet the May 17 cruise travelling

Orlando to Vancouver disembarking in Seattle then to Orlando is $585. Previous airfares were @$400 2 years ago. I understand inflated prices but $1818.00 per person is over the top. Am I missing something?

When shopping airfares on AIR2SEA (formerly Choice Air) always price the outbound leg separately from the return leg. For some unknown reason, combining the two can lead to SIGNIFICANTLY higher prices.

Sometimes it even pays to brake the outbound and/or return flights into separate legs, especially if that leg has both a domestic as well as an international segment.

My recent flight from Minneapolis to Sydney is a case in point...

The LAX-SYD leg was only $605pp on Delta (much, MUCH less than Delta was advertising for the exact same flight)

I booked my own domestic leg from MSP to LAX for $154pp...significantly less than what AIR2SEA wanted to charge for that segment if combined with the international segment.

My return flight from Seattle to Minneapolis was again much cheaper than if booked through AIR2SEA in combination with the outbound leg.

You can call AIR2SEA if you have any questions or need help, they have been VERY helpful and I have NEVER had even a minor hiccup in the last 12-14 times I have used them. ;)

Edited by teecee60

Could you tell us please...just what is "Cruise Air???" :rolleyes:
"Cruise Air" is the name of this forum. It appears that a moderator has moved this thread from somewhere else to here. That is what FlyerTalker meant when he said "start elsewhere and end up on Cruise Air".
... and on quantas choice air was $3000 less than on Quantas website round trip
On who? ;)

There USED to be something called "Choice Air" from Royal Caribbean... that offered incredibly low prices on the exact same planes, with the exact same crew, on the exact same day, that were quite often, but not always, significantly less money than if purchased through the air lines. ;)

You can call AIR2SEA if you have any questions or need help, they have been VERY helpful and I have NEVER had even a minor hiccup in the last 12-14 times I have used them. ;)

Yep, same flights, same planes, same crews, but NOT always the same TICKETS. i.e. The rules and restrictions governing your ticket could be entirely different from those of other pax on the same flight. Buyer beware.

Good for you for never having a hiccup. There have been plenty of travelers who reported otherwise, including not even being able to get Choice Air to answer the phone on a weekend, even if that's the day of the travel in question and there's a problem. Again, buyer beware.