Boston Logan International Airport: TSA Pre-Check Security Lines

rkacruiser

Is the line(s) dedicated to TSA Pre-Check usually open?

What is the situation at Boston with the non-Pre-Check lines?

Thanks for your information at this time. I understand the situation can change.

Is the line(s) dedicated to TSA Pre-Check usually open?
It is usually open, except when it is closed. Just exactly what information are you looking for?

What is the situation at Boston with the non-Pre-Check lines?
They usually take longer than pre-check. Again, what do you want to know? I can authoritatively say that there are times when there is negligible wait and times when it is 20+ minutes.
I understand the situation can change.
So again, just what do you want to know?

If, as I suspect, you want to know what the wait time is right now, try the TSA app - knowing that it only takes data from passengers who input their own estimate of the wait. There is no official "wait times" data in real-time online.

BOS is my closest airport for travel. If you are going through Terminal C, it's usually the best for speed and organization. I frequently use Jet Blue for domestic travel and find that airport staff at Terminal C are quick to direct you to the pre-check line. Of course with JB, there's the optional up-charge to get you through security a bit quicker.

My worst experience has been with AA; the witches who guard the security entry point are more concerned about the wheels on your carry-on.

At terminal E, International, security is thorough.

Much depends if your airline opts into the pre-check program and if the gremlins in the computer system decide you merit a closer look.

Darcy

Do you know which terminal your flight will be leaving from? That can make a difference at Logan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right.

It also depends upon the specific airline.

For example, Air Canada has it's own little "corner" in a larger terminal.

That Security "line" is often non-existent, with a couple of agents just sitting/standing around.

But they still offer the slightly easier Pre-Check routine (no shoes removed, laptops kept in carriers, etc.) for those in that program.

It's an absolute pleasure!

(They also have one little gate area, shared with all gates, and very few services. So IF one wants more (eat/drink), one must leave the area, and then return through the same [easy] security check.)

Other airlines use the bigger areas with the lines and ropes, etc.

I simply wanted to know what I might expect when I am flying home.

At the risk of sounding snarky, you might find any number of situations. Could be no line, could be a line that snakes around the building, could be anything in between. Pre-check might be open or it might not, and there might be adequate TSA staffing or their might not. There are a lot of different factors that affect the potential situation so just take whatever anecdotes others report as just that- personal anecdotes that may have little resemblance to what you'll find when you get there.