Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Community Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help > Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Ask Your Message Board Questions Here

Old August 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pages rerouting???

When I load the board page after it loads. It then rerouts to.

http://media.adrevolver.com/adrevolver/banner%3Fplace

anyone know why? And how do I fix it?
it is only happening on CC web site.

Thanks
Jo Ann

Comming soon !!
Carnival Elation 11/14

Past Fun!!!!
Carnival Dream 08/24/2014~Serenade Of The Seas 2/14~ Carnival Elation 2/14
Navigator of the Seas 2/013~Carnival Conquest 5/2013~Carnival Conquest 9/2013 B2B Carnival Conquest 9/2013~
Caribbean Princess 11/13

Carnival Conquest 2/2012~Carnival Elation 4/2012~Navigator of the Seas Dec 1st 2012
Carnival Conquest 12/ 2011~Carnival Triumph 9/2011 ~Triumph 7/2011 ~Radiance of the Seas 4/11~
Triumph 12/10~Royal Carbbean Liberty of Seas 9/10
Carnival Triumph 12/09 1st B2BCarnival~Triumph~12/09~ Star Princess Alaska 5/09~
Carnival Destiny 12/08~Carnival Pride 2/2008~Royal Carbbean Mariner 8/2007~
NCL Sun 10/2006~Grand Princess 2/2006~Carnival Triumph 2002 our 25th Anniversary~Enchanted Seas 1993

Old August 16th, 2006, 05:30 AM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey258
When I load the board page after it loads. It then rerouts to.
http://media.adrevolver.com/adrevolver/banner%3Fplace

anyone know why? And how do I fix it?
Exactly which page is this happening on? I ask because you've obviously been able to post this question, so there must be some pages which are not doing this.

And are you doing anything to that page before it redirects? Or does the redirect happen automatically? Where is your cursor? Does it make any difference if your cursor is way down the bottom of the screen on the taskbar? (Try that and see.)

media.adrevolver.com seems to be one of the sources of the banner ads that you may see on the boards. If the redirect is happening automatically, then there may be a bug in the code on the page - but I doubt it, because of the way those ads seem to be loaded.

The other thing that I suspect is that you may have a sticky mouse button, which means that in effect you're clicking on that banner ad without knowing that you're doing it - hence it sends you off to another page.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_

Old August 16th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

I don't know what happen but this morning it is not doing it. I am surfing CC with no problem. This is strange. But I don't care as long as I am back..

Exactly which page is this happening on? I ask because you've obviously been able to post this question, so there must be some pages which are not doing this.

It would happen when I went to a board page NCL, Holland page to read post. If I caught it fast, I would hit the stop button and it wouldn't rerdirect.

And are you doing anything to that page before it redirects? Or does the redirect happen automatically? Where is your cursor? Does it make any difference if your cursor is way down the bottom of the screen on the taskbar? (Try that and see.)
I wouldn't even have my hand on the mouse at times and it would do it. It really didn't matter where the cursor was.

The other thing that I suspect is that you may have a sticky mouse button, which means that in effect you're clicking on that banner ad without knowing that you're doing it - hence it sends you off to another page.

I thought of this to. But if the mouse button was sticking then wouldn't it do it on all the pages?

It was like it would load the pages then pause and then try to redirect.

I don't know as long as it is fix......

Thank you for trying to help.

Jo Ann

Comming soon !!
Carnival Elation 11/14

Past Fun!!!!
Carnival Dream 08/24/2014~Serenade Of The Seas 2/14~ Carnival Elation 2/14
Navigator of the Seas 2/013~Carnival Conquest 5/2013~Carnival Conquest 9/2013 B2B Carnival Conquest 9/2013~
Caribbean Princess 11/13

Carnival Conquest 2/2012~Carnival Elation 4/2012~Navigator of the Seas Dec 1st 2012
Carnival Conquest 12/ 2011~Carnival Triumph 9/2011 ~Triumph 7/2011 ~Radiance of the Seas 4/11~
Triumph 12/10~Royal Carbbean Liberty of Seas 9/10
Carnival Triumph 12/09 1st B2BCarnival~Triumph~12/09~ Star Princess Alaska 5/09~
Carnival Destiny 12/08~Carnival Pride 2/2008~Royal Carbbean Mariner 8/2007~
NCL Sun 10/2006~Grand Princess 2/2006~Carnival Triumph 2002 our 25th Anniversary~Enchanted Seas 1993

Old August 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey258
I thought of this to. But if the mouse button was sticking then wouldn't it do it on all the pages?
It would depend whether the mouse was actually pointing to one of the banner ads (or the location where it was going to load).

But if it's working now, then that's fine.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_