Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Azamara Club Cruises
Find Your Azamara Club Cruises Roll Call

Old October 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Dress code on the Journey

I know the dress code is advertised as Casual, but will it be necessary for men to wear a jacket, or jacket & tie at any time during our 18 day cruise?

Old October 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just got off a 7 day and the most dressed up I saw men and they were few and far between were in the specialty dining room. I would say no.
Word of warning I still over-packed even without the formal attire.
If you are an Elite Captain's Club member (just not sure if it is in other's booklet) you get a coupon for a laundry bag worth of laundry for $15.00 We sent ours out and it came back very nicely washed and folded. Well worth the money to take less clothes on an 18 day trip.
I swear every trip I will take less clothes and it never works.
Vicki

Old October 14th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylveve View Post
I know the dress code is advertised as Casual, but will it be necessary for men to wear a jacket, or jacket & tie at any time during our 18 day cruise?
On my last Journey cruise, I wore a sport jacket in the specialty dining rooms. For me it added to the evening's "specialness". But no jacket is ever required.

Old October 19th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Mark and Susan

Can my husband wear linen shorts to dinner and feel comfortable or will he feel out of place? Thank you!

Old October 19th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm pretty sure shorts are not accepted attire in the dining room - or any public rooms - after 6pm.
Majesty 1991
Monarch 1995
Enchantment 1998
Rhapsody 2000
Zenith 2001, 2003
Grandeur 2005
Azamara Journey 2007
Emerald Princess 2010

Old October 19th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Smile

Shorts are not accepted in the dining rooms in the evening..my husband never takes a jacket or tie
Jan

Old October 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoleave View Post
On my last Journey cruise, I wore a sport jacket in the specialty dining rooms. For me it added to the evening's "specialness". But no jacket is ever required.
Ditto. It was nice to have, but certainly not necessary.

Old October 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just returned from Journey to Bermuda. Several nights ago, the 2 gentlemen at a nearby table in Discovery wore Bermuda shorts with knee socks and jackets. On the last night, we were sitting near them again and they both had on jeans and no socks or jackets. A lady next to us had on a jogging suit. Maybe the last night is different because people have packed everything but what they want to wear off the ship. We had until midnight to put the luggage in the hallway.

Old October 21st, 2007, 09:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Jwitt2

"the 2 gentlemen at a nearby table in Discovery wore Bermuda shorts with knee socks and jackets"

As this is traditional wear for Bermuda it would be acceptable, as a kilt would also be acceptable as long as they are outfits and not just pieces.

My first Bermuda cruise I was shopping at Smiths and saw a formal tuxedo complete with satin striped shorts and knee high socks. I asked the Social hostess if anyone had ever worn a formal 'Bermudian' tuxedo in the diningroom and she said she never saw one, however she saw the gleam in my eye and told me that it WOULD be acceptable as long as it was done correctly.

I was the hit of the last formal evening, even the Captain took his picture with me.

Just thought I'd share, I'll look and see if I can find a pic...but that was many moons ago..........

Dave

G.K. Chesterton