NCL sued over restaurants' booking non-avaiability

tom_uk

And people wonder what is happening to our country? I bet if she had to pay all the fees if she looses this would not be happening. I don't know who is the worse (I think it is worse, not worst) the poor lady who didn't get what she thouugt she shoud or the starving lawyer, who needs money so badly he will anything.

If nothing else this will make for a fun subject to discuss in the next day or so. Thanks for posting.....

Chris, looks like you could represent the other side: you already found the loophole.

Nita

What is up with people????? People sue for the sport of suing....

People try everything~

Maybe I should sue McDonalds because they ran out of happy meal toys for my daughter and it caused me much distress : 0 : ) : ) : )

I am sailing the Jade next week and reading this madness fills me with delight. If this lady feels the need to sue for this petty reason the rest must be pretty damn good with NCL cruises, or I am sure she would be sueing for that too!

Thank you for the giggle, cos lady, really, here in Africa where I live, you would not last a day!

The suit states "It's Impossible" to get reservation. It isn't impossible. "SNOOZE YOU LOSE". If you're slow at making reservation and someone else is faster they get the reservation, it's as simple as that. Impossible means there no chance in H-E-L-L for anyone. That's not true many other get reservations.

bobnat,

In this case I think maybe not or lets hope not. If they settle out of court who knows what someone will sue for next time? I can think of many things. Stufff like this has no merit. It is more likely the suit will be dropped. If not, how many of you want to join a class action suite cause you didn't get the reservations you wanted, at the time you wanted?

Nita

Only in America:D Aw man, someone beat me to it. I thought of doing the same thing but I was always able to get a reservation. I guess picking up a phone or walking to the desk was too much to do when someone is on vacation.:rolleyes:

What I can attest to is, when we sailed on NCL when free-style was in its infancy, we were booked in a suite. We had an issue with getting a certain table for our group of 6 that was being held for someone who never showed up. We wanted a round, not a rectangular table. I am sure that I agree with those who have discussed how rediculous this lawsuit is.

However, Nita, I have heard you bashing lawyers before on other thread. I hope that when my husband fights for rights for seniors and the disabled, whatever he accomplishes is not something that you reap the benefits of. There certainly are plenty of bad lawyers around, just like there are dishonest sales people, tradesmen, etc. I have no idea what you do for a living, or did if you are now retired, but I am sure that there are dishonest people in that business too, so please do not say this again.

Shakespeare was correct.

King Henry VI Part 2 Act 4. Scene II

As much as people like to get a giggle out of it, this line (first thing we do is kill all the lawyers) actually is complimentary to lawyers. In the play, the people who plan to kill the lawyers are the villain and his henchmen, who are plotting to create tyranny and chaos. But I agree with you- Shakespeare was correct- lawyers are an important part of encouraging free thinking and preventing tyranny!

What I can attest to is, when we sailed on NCL when free-style was in its infancy, we were booked in a suite. We had an issue with getting a certain table for our group of 6 that was being held for someone who never showed up. We wanted a round, not a rectangular table. I am sure that I agree with those who have discussed how rediculous this lawsuit is.

However, Nita, I have heard you bashing lawyers before on other thread. I hope that when my husband fights for rights for seniors and the disabled, whatever he accomplishes is not something that you reap the benefits of. There certainly are plenty of bad lawyers around, just like there are dishonest sales people, tradesmen, etc. I have no idea what you do for a living, or did if you are now retired, but I am sure that there are dishonest people in that business too, so please do not say this again.

I don't think you have heard me blasting lawyers except in these types of cases> We have lawyers in our family, many good friends that are lawyers and have used them from time to time. Why, may I ask are you attacking me on this? As for fighting for rights of seniors and diabled, we have diabled in our community (our block as a matter of fact) and we are seniors. maybe you need not take this so personally. No one, including myself is saying all lawyers are bad, but if your husband is one, which it appears he is, he certainly knows the score. Oh, one more thing, when my husband was still working he represented the Lawyers association in the state we lived in. He was in Public Relations, he also worked with many lawyers during the Reagan administration.

Nita

Now I've heard it all! Whoever wrote "you snooze you lose" is correct. Everybody has a fair chance and I was not in a suite , but I got my reservations......in the middle of the day no less!

I hope she never cruise NCL again.............more room fo rme!

I agree with other posts on this one! This lady is a nut. It is not impossible to get a reservation, even if your booked in an inside cabin. You may not get a reservation for your ideal time but it is possible to get into their speciatly restaurants. My DH and I cruised a few weeks ago and we ate in several of their specialty restaurants. We did not get in at peak times, which did not bother us, because we are on vacation, but we still were able to enjoy those venues that we wanted to. NCL should not just settle this case out of court "to make it go away". There are too many past passengers (that are not booked in their higher end suites) that they can take as witnesses to testify against this wacko person.

So, I guess her next law suit will be against a land-based restaurant for not being able to get a reservation when SHE wants it there either???? Or, maybe against Outback because she had to wait too long for a table!!!What, is she kidding? Now, I've seen everything!

Archived