Describe your best, cheapest port day

We were signed up for a $55 per person snorkeling tour in Cozumel only to be told by Celebrity

that it had been cancelled . We decided to walk to The Money Bar with our gear. It was a pleasant 30 minute walk.

This is a great place with excellent food and cold beer . If you buy lunch there is no charge for using their facilities.

Nice lounges and best of all , great snorkeling . In fact just offshore of the bar was where

all the snorkeling tour boats made a stop. So we ended up having a full day doing what we

originally planned ,with a great lunch and beers for way way less then the planned half day tour. :)

Edited by richstowe

Google Maps says 2.6 kilometers (about a mile and a half), 32 minutes in walking mode.

Frankly we like walking and really didn't consider this "a walk" . "A walk" starts at 5 miles. :D

We did the same thing in St Croix where we walked to the Sand Castle on the Beach Hotel in Frederiksted.

Very similar experience . Nice walk, a touch longer . Fantastic food and snorkeling .

We are the ones you will see using the stairs on the ship . We figure it might allow us an extra dessert. ;)

We were scheduled for Cozumel and had made arrangements to go to Nachi Cocum. For some reason, which I either never knew or simply cannot recall, we docked in Costa Maya instead. We just went to the free pool at the port. Had a lovey day and a couple of drinks. There were some musicians and dancers performing by the pool. Probably spent about $20.00.

To me, any stop at a private island is like a free excursion!

I stock up during the summer on blow-up rings at the dollar store and pack those in my suitcase. When we get to the beach, we blow them up and use them to lean on in the water (saving the $20.00 float rental!).

When we are ready to leave, we offer them to a parent of small kids.

Total cost of excursion: 1 bucket of beers and 2 dollar-store inflatable rings.