Spirit Airlines??

josumello

Have you taken into consideration the cost for your baggage and carry on? If it were me I would also want to get to the port at least two days early due to the problems they have been having with canceling flights. If they cancel, they do not attempt to put you on another airline. We used to fly with them all of the time but their luggage charges and uncaring attitude when they cancel had us move to other airlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not only checkin luggage have fees, but also the standard size carry-on luggage. Only personal items like a small backpack are free. Seats are tight. Anything you ask onboard is for a fee. Paying for amenities that are free on others like Southwest does not make it a cheap alternative.

Not only checkin luggage have fees, but also the standard size carry-on luggage. Only personal items like a small backpack are free. Seats are tight. Anything you ask onboard is for a fee. Paying for amenities that are free on others like Southwest does not make it a cheap alternative.

Thanks. That was pretty much my take!!

Whenever we fly to Florida we fly Spirit from Atlantic City because of convenience. I am not a fan, but with relatives in Florida, it is an easier flight than driving to Philly. We've never had a horrible experience, just find their policies annoying. We belong to their $9 club and credit card, so have been able to get flights on points and reduced bag fees. However, their baggage policies are beyond annoying. Your checked bag cannot be more than 40lbs, compared to everyone else's 50lbs. Carry on personal item size was recently reduced so the rolling bag I purchased because it fit their requirement, no longer is an option. We never do, but if you want to fly with a carry on bag and your free personal item, you pay, pay, pay for that carry on bag. We have reserved flights with them in JuJuly for our cruise... Hoping no staffing issues by then (thought that was over?).

As long as they are reliable (no staffing issues) and you can fly within their restrictive baggage policies, we have not had any problems. Just minor annoyances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Spirit has routes that they only operate once a day, or sometimes just a couple of times a week. Make sure there are later options for your particular route that would get you to your destination on time. If there's only one flight a day, or one flight every other day and something happens and your flight has to be canceled you could really end up in a bind. Imagine an entire aircraft of people trying to get rebooked on the say, 3 available seats, of the ONE possible alternative flight.

Spirit has routes that they only operate once a day, or sometimes just a couple of times a week

Yup!! Been there and stayed there (done that). Flight cancelled due to weather from where the plane was coming from. Next flight two days later since operated 3 times a week and was unable to get a seat. Was told might be able to get on the following flight 4 days away (days might be off it was a few years ago).

Paid to fly someone else back, well this was by Niece, I will never fly them with a 28" seat pitch.

Check out thier web site for additional fees. When all is said and done, it just might be less $$$ to fly on Southwest or Jetblue. And with Spirit's limited frequency, if you flight is canx, you might not get out for a few days, where by on SW or JB, there often times are several flights day. Unless you are totally flexible, I wouldn't chance it.

I would never fly Spirit! Would rather take a Greyhound bus cross-country...a better chance of getting there on time. Flew Spirit for our honeymoon in 2012. There was a 12 hour delay due to staffing issues. Missed a whole day in Miami due to their incompetence!