Planetarium Shows

Wasasalad

Are you a bore?????????????// LOL, im sure your not.

I am sure you will enjoy the shows, there are a few differnt shows on and there always seems to be plenty of tickets, most people are ashore sightseeing so thats a good time to vist , on sea days there will be more people but even then Im sure you get a seats.

you have to go and pick up your tickets near the connections .

have a great time

rob

I can't remember the exact ones that there were in May 2006. There were 4 films (I think) and I remember that one was narrated by Laurence Fishburne and another narrated by Harrison Ford. They have an affiliation to the Hayden Planetarium in New York will show a couple of the same shows that are available there. There was also one that was specially produced for the QM2 that shows the stars in the sky of the area you are sailing in. Some of the films were repeated once they had all been shown.

The tickets are free but are limted to 150 per showing. On sea days there are 4 showings of a particular film. They are available from the desk at Cunard Connexions on Deck 2 Forward from about 9am and are available on a first come first served basis. On our Transatlantic the shows were very popular. The seats recline back and the shows were great. You enter Illuminations from the Starboard side of Deck 2.

If you get the chance I'd recommend it highly.

Eddie

Some tips:

1. Tickets are available.

2. The shows are more glitzy than regular planetarium shows. Unfortunately while spectacular, they concentrate on spectacle rather than information which is a disappointing use of all that expensive technology.

3. When you get a seat, make sure that the seat reclines as a number of them are broken. There is no help from staff once you are sat down. Once the show starts it is impossible to change seats without major disruption. Mine was broken and I missed the full impact of the show. Very frustrating.

In my experience, I found the seats in the middle in the back 3-4 rows were the prime location. If you sat closer to the front, you'd have to tilt your head so far back to see the back edge of the dome. I rather enjoyed the shows. But they do warn you....if you have certain heart or neurological disorders, the shows might be harmful because of the disorienting flashing light & pace coupled w/ any motion of a moving ship. My belly did some flip flops a time or two.

The one good thing was that when the show gave you the impression of travelling through the universe at speed the motion of the ship gave it a very enhanced effect! Afterwards my wife and I both commented on it!

yes, go see all of them, we did on a transallantic nov 2006 they were very popular so unless you picked them up before breakfast, by 9am at the latest all performances for the day had all been filled, however if you turn up at the performance time most people without tickets seemed to get in as some people collected tickets ealy in the day and for whatever reason did not use them and also people were collecting tickets for all performances incase they could not make trhe one they wanted so there is often free seats, maybe not the best seats but atleast a seat

We attended several of the programs -- I say attended, not seen! I can't tell you the number of times that we went it, and when the lights went out, we were sound asleep. The movement of the ship and the dark just rocked us to sleep. However, we kept going back until we finally got to see all four programs. My advice, don't go right after having a meal. You will be napping before you know it.

We attended several of the programs -- I say attended, not seen! I can't tell you the number of times that we went it, and when the lights went out, we were sound asleep. The movement of the ship and the dark just rocked us to sleep. However, we kept going back until we finally got to see all four programs. My advice, don't go right after having a meal. You will be napping before you know it.

actually, the same thing almost happened to me, as the week got further and further on a mixture of late nights, and finally getting relaxed, i too would have nodded off if my other half had not nudged me!!!!

Archived