Bohio Dive Resort

ColKlink

Hey everyone,

I am back from my fantastic cruise (Crown Princess) and a great day at the Bohio Dive Resort!

First let me say that there were only 14 other people on the beach, it was awesome! The snorkeling was good, we went pretty far out and I didn't feel that it was too scary or anything like that, there is barely any surf. The sand was like flour, so soft, and we walked along the beach and saw some cool shells and stuff. Like above posters have mentioned, there really isn't much there at all, but it was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the ship.

We took a taxi and I believe it was $7pp each way, it wasn't bad, and he took us through Cockburn Town and by the salt pits and told us all about them. Winemistress, I would not recommend getting scooters only because there really isn't much on Grand Turk and imo, you would be wasting your money. Plus, I personally did not see any scooter rentals near the port. I think the taxi drive to Bohio through Cockburn Town is plenty enough sightseeing.

The taxi dropped us off and we went into the main lobby and she forwarded us to the dive shop which is adjacent to the beach. The woman who helped us said it was free to go on the beach (the pool was empty and there was a guy doing work/powerwashing around it) and if we wanted, we could pay $10pp for a beach chair. We paid just because we felt bad coming to use their beach for free. I only saw a breakfast menu at the time, so I can't comment on a lunch/dinner menu. There was a sign at the pavillion at the beach that said that burgers were $12.

The chairs were nice, and the beach really was great. We left with enough time to do some shopping at the port which wasn't that great, just save your $$ for St. Thomas if that is on your itinerary. Overall I would definitely recommend the Bohio resort and I think that for relaxation, beautiful water/beach, it is the best option for Grand Turk.

Froufie, have a blast, I can't wait to hear how your cruise goes!!!

Here is my photo album, and Grand Turk is the first stop so if you want to speed through the photos just to see the pics of Bohio, please be my guest:

http://picasaweb.google.com/christybredahl/CrownPrincess

Thanks so much for the pictures. Bohio appears more primitive than I anticipated but I like it. We'll be there soon.

Quick question - did you see any of the stray dogs others have mentioned on GT?

no entry charge. Loungers were $10 pp for the day, snorke gear $20 and kayaks $20 for 2 hours. There is a snorkle the wall tour for $40. Taxi is $8 pp. Drinks and food extra, of course.

Thank you! We're looking forward to our day there. I hope the pool is also available just in case it's warm enough. :)

• 4 years later...
I posted a review of this place above in 2009, just wondered if anyone else has been back more recently if there is anything new to report? Headed to Grand Turk in August on the Carnival Magic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

We were there last year and the beach is beautiful. I did a full review on it with TONS of pictures. Just look in my signature line for Bohio. It was my first time there, so I didn't have anything to compare it to prior than then. :)