If Royal builds a third Oasis-class ship, where should it sail?

Where should a third Oasis-class ship sail?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Where should a third Oasis-class ship sail?

• Australia
    • Asia
    • Alaska
    • Transatlantic
    • Hawaii
    • South America
    • Mediterranean
    • Canary Islands
    • Somewhere else

Royal Caribbean confirmed it is negotiating for a third Oasis-class ship. With Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas already in the Caribbean, we're curious where you think this third ship should sail.

Australia

Asia

Alaska

Transatlantic

Hawaii

South America

Mediterranean

Canary Islands

Somewhere else

It will be out of Port Canavaral .... the other ports in the world can't accommodate.....:D

I agree with that. Those ships need large docks. Tendering would not be fun with 5000+ passengers.

Longer cruises out of Port Canaveral to the southern Caribbean! :D

It could easily sail round the larger ports in the med, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Barcelona, Valencia etc. I personally would love to have one in Southampton, but the turning basin isn't currently big enough to accommodate.

And how about Malaga ? they have made big improvements there, I was quite amazed last week when we called in their on the Reflection. Didn't they also make improvements in Lisbon :confused:

It will be out of Port Canavaral .... the other ports in the world can't accommodate.....:D

Supposedly, Singapore's new cruise terminal can accomodate an Oasis-class cruise ship ;)

I'd enjoy crusing on an Oasis-class ship in Australia/Asian waters - world sector cruise anyone? Dubai to Singapore (if Dubai could handle it) sounds grand but there would be a lot oftendering at ports of call mid-cruise.

Otherwise, it is a long, long way to cruise on an Oasis-class ship!

I agree with this as well. However I think Oasis of the Seas will move to Port Canaveral to make room for New Oasis at FLL. There is plenty of time to update Terminal 10 and make it an exclusive Terminal for RCCL.

I would imagine 9-night Caribbean cruises out of Cape Liberty is where this is headed.

The Explorer has only 18 feet of clearance under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. I think that this could be a huge problem for the new ship, if and when it appears.

Supposedly, Singapore's new cruise terminal can accomodate an Oasis-class cruise ship ;)

I'd enjoy crusing on an Oasis-class ship in Australia/Asian waters - world sector cruise anyone? Dubai to Singapore (if Dubai could handle it) sounds grand but there would be a lot oftendering at ports of call mid-cruise.

Otherwise, it is a long, long way to cruise on an Oasis-class ship!

I posted this on a thread a few weeks back when the rumor mill started about this ship. I feel that they will move either the Oasis or Allure year round to Asia/Australia as both are fast growing cruise markets and weather would not be an issue and the new ship will come to FLL or Pt. Canaveral.

I would imagine 9-night Caribbean cruises out of Cape Liberty is where this is headed.

From what we heard when we were on the Explorer the other week, one of the new Sunshine class will be coming to Cape Liberty.

I think the key issue here is the terminal. The terminal in Ft Lauderdale was specially desgned just for the class, if they go anywhere else it will need a new facility. THe only other option would be weekday sailings from FLL. Oasis class can be a destination to itself, not at all suited to the MED. If they do not do something else with central park, it needs to be in a warm climate. What we do not know is, what additional port options exist?

Obviously where it sails from and what ports can be included in her itinerary not only depends on the capability of those ports to handle such a large ship but also the airlift available to transport such large numbers of passengers to the home port. They certainly won't put it in ports that don't have the infrastructure to handle the numbers associated with such a large vessel and they are limited as to what ports they can visit that won't require tendering. This is not a case where "wishing will make it so" and fortunately the people making the decisions are more realistic and practical than many of us when they make these kinds of decisions. I would watch to see how many ports announce major improvements to their infrastructure so that they can be visited by an Oasis class ship, or serve as the home base for such a ship, and what kind of popular itineraries can be created.

San Juan might be a good bet if there are enough islands in the Caribbean, especially the southern Caribbean that can accommodate such a ship. If the Asian market or if Europe meets the requirements, they might be in the mix. If not, we won't see an Oasis ship in either of those locations.

I would think Austrailia or the caribbean simply because of the design. The open design including the plants in central park will not allow it to port in cold weather.

Eeven if it goes to Europe during the summer, it will have to go somewhere in the winter. Wherever the winter port is, can just be the permanent port.

I would love to see an Oasis class ship in the Med but it doesn't seem likely.

Archived