Hotels in Buenos Aires

sabrefan

Have recently booked a cruise on the Celebrity Infinity departing BA on February 28, 2016. Planning on spending at least a couple of extra days in BA before the cruise starts. Looking at hotels and would, like to stay in Recoleta district. Looked at different hotels on trip advisor, the Serena Hotel looked nice as well Mio Buenos Aires and Casasur Art Hotel. Would certainly appreciate any comments on these hotels or others in Recoleta district.

We stayed in a three bedroom apartment (Bed and Breakfast) with kitchen and bath in a central location, walking distance from Recoleta and downtown (or use the METRO).

Cost was $80 per night (could share for $60).

Loved Rachel, who ran the B & B, she was a friend and helped us with a lot of logistical issues, got discounts for us booking tango show, etc.

Check out.Jardin del Tango

jardindeltango@gmail.com

http://www.jardindeltango.com

First, I agree with PMacher's sage advice--who knows what things will look like in Argentina in 2016?

Secondly, when you do decide to look at a hotel....I love the location of the Serena. It is convenient both to downtown and the Recoleta villiage/cemetery areas. It is a block from Patio Bullrich a major mall, and two blocks from la Recova, an area with several upscale restaurants including El Mirasol, arguable the best steak house in Buenos Aires, a town know for its renowned steaks. I leased an apartment on the same block as the hotel for two years and loved the area.

Dr, thank for the reply on the Serena Hotel. From reviews I have read on Trip Advisor it appears that this is a nice area of Buenos Aries and close to main points of interest and restaurants are within walking distance. I don't intend on making reservations until at least a year from now. I hope that the political and economic situation does not degrade too much more from where it is now.

The key is to pick a safe area.

I would just book a hotel versus apartments for a short stay.

The situation now is not much different than a couple of years ago and has mainly been like this for many years with some ups and downs. You have to be very careful when you are out and about for your possessions and I would do organized tours, and stay at a full service hotel.

I baset this not only on my own experience but more recent advice that I have gotten from a friend who has lived in Buenos Aires all his life who we visited last year and also my daughter's in laws who lived in Buenos Aires until they moved to North America and who return their twice a year to see their parents.

It's a beautiful city but one that you have to be very careful in not only as a tourist but even now as a local.

Keith

Dr, thank for the reply on the Serena Hotel. From reviews I have read on Trip Advisor it appears that this is a nice area of Buenos Aries and close to main points of interest and restaurants are within walking distance. I don't intend on making reservations until at least a year from now. I hope that the political and economic situation does not degrade too much more from where it is now.

Just around the corner from the Four Seasons and a couple of blocks from the Park Hyatt and the Alvear Palace hotels. One of the safer areas in Buenos Aires, although as Keith points out....exercise caution anywhere when out and about, even in posh Recoleta which is heavily patrolled by the police.

We stayed at Casasur Art Hotel prior to our Celebrity Infinity cruise in March. Loved the location, the staff was very helpful and on Saturday afternoons they offer a complimentary three and a half hour tour of the city, with stops at Puerto Madero, La Boca and Plaza de Mayo.

We stayed at Casasur Art Hotel prior to our Celebrity Infinity cruise in March. Loved the location, the staff was very helpful and on Saturday afternoons they offer a complimentary three and a half hour tour of the city, with stops at Puerto Madero, La Boca and Plaza de Mayo.

Pictures of the hotel look great and I love the location in the heart of Recoleta. The tour sounds like a nice perk.

Too expensive for my tastes - $1,000 cdn per night.

• 2 weeks later...

My bad - the price was for three days not one night - their web site was a bit confusing.

I ended up booking with the Plaza Hotel as they have a promotion for buy 3 nights and get one free so ended up bieng $106 per night.

Darren

Too expensive for my tastes - $1,000 cdn per night.

My bad - the price was for three days not one night - their web site was a bit confusing.

I ended up booking with the Plaza Hotel as they have a promotion for buy 3 nights and get one free so ended up bieng $106 per night.

Darren

If you don't like your room ask to be moved.Every room is different in size and some have been updated more recently than others. Rooms overlooking Plaza San Martin are the best. Hopefully the air conditioning will be working during your stay.