Athens Greece tour Paul or Spiros?

MindyM

I have read a lot about both of these drivers to tour around Athens. We have a family of 6 with two kids. Does anyone recommend one of these drivers over another?

We had a driver from Spiro's company in Sept. 2008. I was not overly impressed. While we were promised the Archeological Museum, we never got there. The driver forgot!

Also we were taken to a restauarant in Piraeus where a private party was in progress and it was quite difficult to get served. When we asked to go elsewhere, we were told it was not possible because this was pre-arranged with the restaurant.

We were also promised that the Athens tour would include Cape Sounion. This too did not materialize. While in the car, Sprios called us and said we did not have enough time. When I inquired about this prior to the tour by email I was assured we had enough time to do it all.

Also used Spiros in Napflion. Again, he promised both Corinth and Mycenae. After we were in the car, again Spiros called and said we had to choose one or the other. I did not appreciate the fact that he was not up front from the beginning that both places were not possible in the same day. He waited until we were in the car to call and tell us this.

• 2 weeks later...

If by Paul you mean Athens by Taxi (Paul Kalamiris), then I highly recommend him. I found him and passed his contact info to my whole group which used him. My TA, who was part of the group, was so impressed, she now books him for other clients who want tours.

http://www.travelsnippetsandmore.com/2010/11/recommended-local-driver-for-athens.html

We used Paul of Greektaxi, he was booked but had one of his younger drivers, Dimitri if my memory is correct. We had a smaller minibus for 15, was a great day, if not a bit hot. We hit all the places we wanted, met Paul at the Archeological museum, all in all a good day.

I have read a lot about both of these drivers to tour around Athens. We have a family of 6 with two kids. Does anyone recommend one of these drivers over another?

Archived