port of miami

rmarker151

Near the port is downtown.

Sometimes you can get a good deal for the Intercontinental at LMT.

I agree this is what we did in September. Awesome hotel close to the port and walking distance to Bayside marketplace for good food/drink and some shopping

We got it at LMT for $128 for everything including taxes. LMT is a little different if you have never booked through them.The thread gives you all the details and tricks

heres a link to a thread with some good info :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880773

It was a really nice hotel and close to everything we loved it

Hot and humid July should be a cheap time to stay -- often suggested hotels near POM include the Hampton Inn (Mary Brickell village), Doubletree, Marriott, Intercontinental, Hyatt and Holiday Inn.

Good luck! :)

Here is a list to look at:

Hampton Inn (includes a nice breakfast)

Intercontinental

Marriott

Marriott Marquis

Hyatt

Doubletree

Holiday Inn Bayside

There are many others but start with these and see if they meet your budget.

My first choice would be Hampton Inn and there are lots of places at Mary Brickell just a few minutes away for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Keith

litlered, my fiancee and I are staying at the B2 next Sunday before we cruise, from what I hear it is a boutique hotel across from Bayside Market in downtown Miami near the Port. POM is about a 5 min taxi ride but the B2 has a shuttle to the port for 8 dollars per person. We have a Captivating Bayview Room so hopefully it will be a little bigger the the City view room. There is no swimming pool so if you want to lounge around a Pool it is not the hotel for you. B2 is about at a 15-20 min Taxi ride to South Beach and will cost about 20-25 dollars to get there. We chose the B2 becuase of the great deal we got on Groupon we are there pre and post cruise we wanted to be close to the port.

does anyone know anything about the B2? give me the good & bad...is it close to port? close to south beach?

The B2 is at NE 2nd and Biscayne Blvd very near the port and basically across the street from Bayside Marketplace (touristy, but I like it). They do have rooms that will give you a view of the Port allowing you to see your ship the morning of your departure pre-cruise. Note it is on the Bay side of Miami, and to get to South Beach it's about a 15 minute ride (or at least should be - I've had taxi's try and take a long route on my a number of times). For me, the location was great for a short business stay (or pre-cruise stay), unless you want to be oceanfront or bayfront direct. I liked it and am staying again pre-cruise this coming Spring Break

It used to be the Riande Hotel Continental, which was a real dump IMHO. B-Hotels did a complete renovation, and opened earlier this year. The rooms may be on the smaller side but are quite comfortable.

Edited by bankofdad

The B2 is at NE 2nd and Biscayne Blvd very near the port and basically across the street from Bayside Marketplace (touristy, but I like it). They do have rooms that will give you a view of the Port allowing you to see your ship the morning of your departure pre-cruise. Note it is on the Bay side of Miami, and to get to South Beach it's about a 15 minute ride (or at least should be - I've had taxi's try and take a long route on my a number of times). For me, the location was great for a short business stay (or pre-cruise stay), unless you want to be oceanfront or bayfront direct. I liked it and am staying again pre-cruise this coming Spring Break

It used to be the Riande Hotel Continental, which was a real dump IMHO. B-Hotels did a complete renovation, and opened earlier this year. The rooms may be on the smaller side but are quite comfortable.

Thanks for the detailed info! :)

According to the Miami Port Calendar there will be 6 other ships besides the one we are disembarking from on Friday, Dec. 20th 2013 - total of 7. Will there be any problem getting taxis at the port for the airport. Would appreciate hearing anyone's personal experience and just wondering if we should take the ship's transfers (which we prefer not to do) to be sure of getting our flight on time at 12:25 p.m. Thanks

If I am correct and you are on Azamara, because of where you will be located you will be fine with the taxis. You may wait a few minutes for a taxi but it is an orderly process and you still have time on your side with a 12:25 PM flight.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

If I am correct and you are on Azamara, because of where you will be located you will be fine with the taxis. You may wait a few minutes for a taxi but it is an orderly process and you still have time on your side with a 12:25 PM flight.

Keith

Thanks Keith and yes you are correct we are on Azamara disembarking on 12/20. It's comforting to get your reply and another reason we find these boards so helpful. Appreciate your advice!:)

Jan