Port Canaveral/Sanford Airport

twobutlers

We are considering a cruise from Port Canaveral Dec 23 to 27. The flight we are looking at post cruise leaves the Sanford airport at 12:30. I know the airport is about an hour drive from the port. We will be renting a car and driving back to the airport. Based on experience can someone tell me if we would be pushing it to get the the airport in time?

You should be OK, but don't dawdle, get off the ship asap. One advantage to Sanford is that it's seldom crowded and the security and check in lines generally move quickly. Make sure you rent from a car rental place ON AIRPORT.

For a 12:30 flight you need to be at Sanford by 11:00, which means in a car and rolling (not in line and filling out paperwork!) before 10:00 . I'd carry my bags off the ship and try to beat the crowd to the rental car location.

Good luck! :)

Just so you know, it's probably a little bit more than an hour. If you carry your own luggage off the ship, you should be okay. We've often done self-assist departure and been on the road by 9:00 am, home before 10:30. We live about 15 miles on the other side of Sanford.