Couples massage at Grotto Bay?

Fallsgracefully

Hey all!

We are getting married on the Celeb Summit at the end of August. We are looking to do something special. I recently saw a review for a couples massage inside the caves at the Grotto Bay Resort.

First, has anyone had experience with this? I'm not even sure if outside guests can book the spa? Additionally, this may be a stretch, but any idea if booking the massage gives any access to other amenities?

Finally, I have never been to Bermuda. What is the quickest and most cost efficient way to get to this resort? I believe it is located in Hamilton Parish.

Thanks all!

Jess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey all!

We are getting married on the Celeb Summit at the end of August. We are looking to do something special. I recently saw a review for a couples massage inside the caves at the Grotto Bay Resort.

First, has anyone had experience with this? I'm not even sure if outside guests can book the spa? Additionally, this may be a stretch, but any idea if booking the massage gives any access to other amenities?

Finally, I have never been to Bermuda. What is the quickest and most cost efficient way to get to this resort? I believe it is located in Hamilton Parish.

Thanks all!

Jess

Hi Jess

Congratulations!

YES you can book this. We have been there a few times. The cave spa is an absolutely out of this world experience. I will post an email to the spa director and you can write to her directly and book it. I always deal with her directly. Schedule your appointment for later on in the day or in the afternoon so you are not rushing to get there.

The best way to get there is by bus from Hamilton. So you will take a ferry to Hamilton, walk up to the bus depot and get on the bus to St George's. Have the bus driver drop you off across from Grotto bay at the entrance to the Crystal/Fantasy Caves (those are not the caves inside the resort but the ones on the opposite side of the resort). Then you cross the road and walk up a bit to the main entrance of Grotto Bay resort.

You can always take a taxi, but that is going to cost more. We have done it both ways.

I am telling you, you will not be disappointed! It is some experience!

Here is her email and phone. Ask to speak with her directly. If she is not available the spa concierge will book you.

SANALI SENANAYAKE - MCFADDEN

Spa Director

Main: 1 441 293 8333 Ext 1928

Toll Free: 1 855 447 6886

Fax: 1 441 293 4194

sanali@grottobay.com

Good luck and wish you the best for your marriage.

Edited by Arzeena

Hi Jess

Congratulations!

YES you can book this. We have been there a few times. The cave spa is an absolutely out of this world experience. I will post an email to the spa director and you can write to her directly and book it. I always deal with her directly. Schedule your appointment for later on in the day or in the afternoon so you are not rushing to get there.

The best way to get there is by bus from Hamilton. So you will take a ferry to Hamilton, walk up to the bus depot and get on the bus to St George's. Have the bus driver drop you off across from Grotto bay at the entrance to the Crystal/Fantasy Caves (those are not the caves inside the resort but the ones on the opposite side of the resort). Then you cross the road and walk up a bit to the main entrance of Grotto Bay resort.

You can always take a taxi, but that is going to cost more. We have done it both ways.

Here is her email and phone. Ask to speak with her directly. If she is not available the spa concierge will book you.

Spa Director

sanali@grottobay.com

Thank you so so much for the detailed response. The directions are wonderful and we are definitely going to book. It seems like a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Jess

I am also in NJ. What part are you from?

or should I say what exit? ha ha.:D;)

Hello there,

I am exit 90...down by the shore! (though I think we now have an 89a and b now and an exit 91...) How about you?

Thank you so so much for the detailed response. The directions are wonderful and we are definitely going to book. It seems like a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

I am glad I was able to help.

You will enjoy this experience. They have two "caves" and you can actually swim in one of them. I was too chicken to do it, but I saw some people swimming and swearing it was the best!

You will enjoy this experience. They have two "caves" and you can actually swim in one of them. I was too chicken to do it, but I saw some people swimming and swearing it was the best!

This sounds wonderful. Do you remember how much it costs?:)

Ok, in the Brochure I have from last summer, the Couple's Massage is

60 minutes: $240

90 minutes: $285

"Choose to receive your treatment inside our enchanted Serenity Cave for a more magical and truly unforgettable experience."...that may be a bit extra. Best is to email them.

Ok, in the Brochure I have from last summer, the Couple's Massage is

60 minutes: $240

90 minutes: $285

"Choose to receive your treatment inside our enchanted Serenity Cave for a more magical and truly unforgettable experience."...that may be a bit extra. Best is to email them.

Thank you so much for the information Arzeena!!! :):):) This looks amazing.

Hi Jess

Congratulations!

Spa Director

sanali@grottobay.com

Thank you for this contact number. I successfully booked our massage through email!

I too have booked a couples massage for next week at Grotto Bay (sailing on Celebrity Summit) using the information from this thread!

I just wanted to say thank you both for posting the question and answering it with such great information!

It's also my (first) honeymoon! Married two weeks ago...got a great deal with X after already booking a bucket list cruise for the summer of 2017!

Thanks again! :)

I too have booked a couples massage for next week at Grotto Bay (sailing on Celebrity Summit) using the information from this thread!

I just wanted to say thank you both for posting the question and answering it with such great information!

It's also my (first) honeymoon! Married two weeks ago...got a great deal with X after already booking a bucket list cruise for the summer of 2017!

Congratulations on the marriage and happy honeymoon!!! It was kind of a splurge, but it seems like a wonderful experience. I am very excited to experience the Summit and Bermuda!!!

Enjoy the massage!

Good that you booked it in advance.

We've cruised to Bermuda 3 times (the 1st time 40 years ago), and we've flown down 4 or 5 times. We're flying down the end of August and are staying at the Grotto Bay.

I don't know if the spa includes other amenities, but the beach, while not one of the larger beaches, is not usually crowded. Another feature that we like is the Afternoon High Tea, an old British custom. I believe the restaurants are open to the public.

This sounds amazing. Do you know what their policy is for people swimming/ using that part of the facility? Hoping to book a couples massage for our October cruise and am wondering if they would allow that or is you're more just taken in and out from your appointment.

This sounds amazing. Do you know what their policy is for people swimming/ using that part of the facility? Hoping to book a couples massage for our October cruise and am wondering if they would allow that or is you're more just taken in and out from your appointment.

We have had lunch there and wandered around. They say that no guests to "use" the pool or beach facilities.

Hi all! Just back this morning from my Summit cruise including a couples massage at Grotto Bay. Ok...the spa experience was out of this world (nearly quite literally!). The place itself is not to be believed. If you get there early, visit the other cave~if you're early to the spa and ring the bell, be prepared to wait until your scheduled time has arrived for the door to open. Not a bad thing, and once you've been there, you'll know why they do that :) .

I really don't want to give any spoilers to the experience so I will only say that we loved it and were pretty awed by the whole spa 'thing' at Grotto Bay...and the treatment was truly very good and professional.

Quick note...if you want a restroom before your spa treatment, the spa itself does not have facilities so use the restrooms by the pool or I'm sure there must be facilities in the lobby of the resort.

As to using the facilities of the resort with a spa appointment: when I made the reservation for the massage I specifically asked whether we could use the resorts' beach etc. after our treatment. I was told yes, we could and I was even told about the water sports center on site. So...after the massage, I changed into my swimsuit and when we were settling up I again inquired of my therapist whether we could stay for the balance of the day. She was definitely not going to tell us that we could; she said that she had told prior guests they could but that other employees have said no so she wasn't sure. Ok...so we went for lunch at the poolside grille, sure that we could do that but not sure that we could stay afterward. First clue that we couldn't...two employees asking for room keys to get a towel. Second clue that we couldn't stay at the resort's beach after lunch...we were asked twice for our room number at lunch; we said we weren't guests but that we had visited the spa. So we essentially self identified as non-resort guests and we had no access to towels that wouldn't be instantly recognized as being from a cruse ship. Long story short....I don't think that spa patrons can use the resort facilities for the day.

One last note on the enjoying Grotto Bay....there is an additional cave apart but close to the spa. Even if you're only going to the spa, you can totally walk through that cave before your treatment. It's really cool (literally and figuratively!).

Overall....our experience at the Grotto Bay spa was a true highlight of our 5th trip to Bermuda. Highly recommended! And thank to the OP and all the responders who gave us the idea to go! Memories forever!:)

Hi all! Just back this morning from my Summit cruise including a couples massage at Grotto Bay. Ok...the spa experience was out of this world (nearly quite literally!). The place itself is not to be believed. If you get there early, visit the other cave~if you're early to the spa and ring the bell, be prepared to wait until your scheduled time has arrived for the door to open. Not a bad thing, and once you've been there, you'll know why they do that :) .

I really don't want to give any spoilers to the experience so I will only say that we loved it and were pretty awed by the whole spa 'thing' at Grotto Bay...and the treatment was truly very good and professional.

Quick note...if you want a restroom before your spa treatment, the spa itself does not have facilities so use the restrooms by the pool or I'm sure there must be facilities in the lobby of the resort.

As to using the facilities of the resort with a spa appointment: when I made the reservation for the massage I specifically asked whether we could use the resorts' beach etc. after our treatment. I was told yes, we could and I was even told about the water sports center on site. So...after the massage, I changed into my swimsuit and when we were settling up I again inquired of my therapist whether we could stay for the balance of the day. She was definitely not going to tell us that we could; she said that she had told prior guests they could but that other employees have said no so she wasn't sure. Ok...so we went for lunch at the poolside grille, sure that we could do that but not sure that we could stay afterward. First clue that we couldn't...two employees asking for room keys to get a towel. Second clue that we couldn't stay at the resort's beach after lunch...we were asked twice for our room number at lunch; we said we weren't guests but that we had visited the spa. So we essentially self identified as non-resort guests and we had no access to towels that wouldn't be instantly recognized as being from a cruse ship. Long story short....I don't think that spa patrons can use the resort facilities for the day.

One last note on the enjoying Grotto Bay....there is an additional cave apart but close to the spa. Even if you're only going to the spa, you can totally walk through that cave before your treatment. It's really cool (literally and figuratively!).

Overall....our experience at the Grotto Bay spa was a true highlight of our 5th trip to Bermuda. Highly recommended! And thank to the OP and all the responders who gave us the idea to go! Memories forever!:)

Wonderful!

Our experience has been similar.