Lion cubs in Cabo

Ted W

We were in Cabo a couple of years ago at Christmas on CCL Spirit. There was a small hut set up where you could hold baby lions and take picture. It was a little pricey, but supposebly the proceeds went towards helping the animals.

Does anyone know if they still do that? We sail March 30 and will be in Cabo April 4/5

Agree with the posters above. When I went in December, I walked past them and shook my head in disgust as they hounded my boyfriend and I to take pictures with that poor little cub. They were also very rude when we said no. I had read the mentioned post before my trip but I can see how they sucker in so many people.

I feel horrible that I fell for this in Ensenada (at La Bufadora blowhole excursion) this past weekend. My first thoughts were that it was a scam but then I was stupid and fell for it thinking that since they had on official tshirts it must be real. The cubs didn't seem drugged to me, but they were upset and growling. I asked the guy about a website and he kept saying no they didn't have one but then wrote down one for me to check out later. I just went to it and it's not even a website. The translation is "track of ojidan wild world".

I will be going on this cruise again within the next year and if I go back, I'm going to say something and will let everyone know. I should have known better when the lions were filthy dirty and smelled. The tent set up just outside the ship had a tiger cub (didn't see this one until we got back) and the cub was cleaner but also MUCH calmer, so he/she must have been drugged as he/she was sleeping on the passenger holding and cuddling it.

Oh, I am soooo mad at myself. I feel horrible. I will definitely spread the word to people NOT TO SUPPORT this.

I feel horrible that I fell for this in Ensenada (at La Bufadora blowhole excursion) this past weekend. My first thoughts were that it was a scam but then I was stupid and fell for it thinking that since they had on official tshirts it must be real. The cubs didn't seem drugged to me, but they were upset and growling. I asked the guy about a website and he kept saying no they didn't have one but then wrote down one for me to check out later. I just went to it and it's not even a website. The translation is "track of ojidan wild world".

I will be going on this cruise again within the next year and if I go back, I'm going to say something and will let everyone know. I should have known better when the lions were filthy dirty and smelled. The tent set up just outside the ship had a tiger cub (didn't see this one until we got back) and the cub was cleaner but also MUCH calmer, so he/she must have been drugged as he/she was sleeping on the passenger holding and cuddling it.

Oh, I am soooo mad at myself. I feel horrible. I will definitely spread the word to people NOT TO SUPPORT this.

Don't feel bad. Now you know what it is all about and are helping to educate others. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here. We went on our first cruise Feb 12 to the Mexican Riviera and wanted to let you all know that we fell victims to this scam as well. Everything looks so real. My daughters wrote a letter to the director of wildlife in Mexico City and just as we suspected he said it is all a scam.

I also was dooped into this scam. I really wish I had heard about this before I went. My relatives in Mexico saw my posting of my pictures and they were the ones who alerted me to the problem. There is a legit animal protection society and they are trying very hard to have this practice don away with. Next time I see a booth, they will definetly get a month full from me.

Nancy

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PAY THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Those animals are severly abused, drugged, their teeth and claws removed without anesthesia, pain meds or antibiotics usually resulting in horrible infections and leaving the lions and tigers unable to walk. We've been fighting these people for years but unfortunately PETA's hands are tied to just the US.

Archived