Vantage Travel - Upgraded Air

PCruzer

Never upgraded flights. We've been on 5 Vantage tours and as long as I get an aisle seat I'm happy. Most overseas flights are 2-4-2 seating. Not sure it's worth that small upgrade. And really do not want to spend the money for business/first class upgrade. Willard

Thanks for the reply, Willard. We've purchased Economy Comfort seating on a Delta flight in the past and found the extra space and priority boarding to be well worth the extra cost. The overnight Air France flight we are scheduled on does not have seating for only 2. I've looked up the upgrade cost on the AF website, and it's not exorbitant (about $300 pp). Not like the $3595 that Vantage charges for Business class. Just wondering if Vantage charges the actual AF website cost difference...or more...or less. We have a request in with Vantage for a price check on the upgrade since 2/7, but they had a huge snowstorm in Boston, so I think it got lost in the shuffle. Called them yesterday...Supposed to get a callback within 48 hrs.

WE are booked with Vantage on their Best of Africa trip leaving Sept 23. One long 17 1/2 hour flight.....lots of movies. Sticking with regular seats. Can put the extra business class expense toward another trip nest year.

We upgraded to Business Class last year on British Airways. We are in our late 60's and the 10 hour flight from the West Coast is a killer for us. It was well worth the extra money to be able to lie flat and sleep. My wife loved it because she could sleep on her side.

Unfortunately the price went up this year from $2500 to $3195.

Found out that upgrading on our flights (JFK to CDG) from economy to premium economy would cost $850 pp. This is almost double the cost from the Air France website, which priced out to $860 for 2 people!! At first I thought that the Vantage rep had made an error and quoted me an upgrade rate for 2 people, but indeed, it was a per person rate. They told me that $850 pp was the contracted rate that Vantage has with the airline. That's more money than we want to spend, so we're staying in economy seating.

I have not upgraded on Vantage but I'm traveling from JFK to CDG in July on Air France for a GCT river cruise and GCT only charged me $250 to upgrade to premium economy.

Wow! I would have paid that in a heartbeat! Is that round trip? Maybe I should contact the Vantage Customer Service people. Their quote to me of $850 pp sounds way too high! I checked the AF website and for the same flights that we have through Vantage the economy to premium economy upgrade cost is $430 pp. Almost half of what Vantage is quoting!

Archived