Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old April 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Grand Princess to Hawaii

Our party of 4 generally had a very nice cruise. The weather at sea, no fault of the cruise line , was very cool and windy but the sea days were filled with many indoor interesting activities. As a frequent cruiser I have four concerns, not gripes. The television news choices were very limited to far right and far left choices. I would have preferred a more balanced option. The laundromat was a nightmare ( as it has been on previous Princess Cruises). My traveling party wished that the Princess Patter would arrive much earlier ( around dinner time) so that traveling party members can plan the next day activities, as a group. The food in the buffet was very mediocre and limited in choice. But, all in all ,the cruise was very comfortable and definitely a value for the cost.
Bob Collins, Lincoln California

Old April 30th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Grand Princess to Hawaii

Our party of 4 generally had a very nice cruise. The weather at sea, no fault of the cruise line , was very cool and windy but the sea days were filled with many indoor interesting activities. As a frequent cruiser I have four concerns, not gripes. The television news choices were very limited to far right and far left choices. I would have preferred a more balanced option. The laundromat was a nightmare ( as it has been on previous Princess Cruises). My traveling party wished that the Princess Patter would arrive much earlier ( around dinner time) so that traveling party members can plan the next day activities, as a group. The food in the buffet was very mediocre and limited in choice. But, all in all ,the cruise was very comfortable and definitely a value for the cost.
Bob Collins, Lincoln California

Old April 30th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

How was your embarkation experience when you arrived at the pier? How was parking? Difficult to find a spot? Easy? That's our biggest concern and we don't see anyone posting about it.

We already scouted out the two parking garages directly across from the terminal a couple months ago.. can all passenger cars jam in those garages without them being filled up, along with cars from the previous cruise passengers and SF area workers??

Old April 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Bob, we also were on the Grand to Hawaii. I have to agree that the weather just sucked. Not much sunshine. Thank goodness the weather in Hawaii was great for the 4 days we were there (after the morning showers passed). I really didn't find much entertainment that suited me so being trapped inside was a bit if a challenge. My DW likes to read and did well on the trip as there wasn't a whole lot to do. I blame that on the CD. With the weather so foul, he could have added more activities to make the journey across and back more of a pleasure. I have always been a fan of Princess but this journey kind of turned me off. I'll probably go again, but will be more cautious on my selection of itineraries and try to find out about the CD before we travel.

Future Bookings
9/27/14 Royal Princess - Canada and New England
1/19/15 Carnival Paradise - Western Carribean

Previous Cruise History
1989 Premier Cruise Lines "Oceanic" (the original Big Red Boat)
01/01 MS Patriot - Hawaii

04/04 Celebrity Galaxy - Caribbean
12/05 Carnival Inspiration - Caribbean - New Years Cruise
08/06 Island Princess - Alaska
10/07 Island Princess - Panama Canal
12/08 Eurodam - Caribbean - New Years Cruise
08/09 Carnival Destiny - Caribbean
07/10 Enchantment of the Seas - Caribbean
12/10 Carnival Pride - Caribbean - New Years Cruise
9/23/2012 Carnival Pride - Baltimore to Caribbean
4/10/2013 Grand Princess - San Francisco to Hawaii
12/29/13 Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean Medley - New Years Cruise

Old April 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
50,000+ Club

Thanks for the comments about the cruise.

Keith