Final payment & Insurance

camper49

We always buy insurance. However have always waited until final payment due to the fact that we could ..if needed..cancel without penalty. Is there an insurance that can be purchased at final payment that would include pre existing?

We always buy insurance. However have always waited until final payment due to the fact that we could ..if needed..cancel without penalty. Is there an insurance that can be purchased at final payment that would include pre existing?

go to http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

answer a couple of questions, click enter and up pops about 9 policies broken down with various options. One of those options that you can search by is pre-existing conditions.

You don't have to buy, the site doesn't ask for e-mail (I think) youy can just side by side compare.

go to www.tripinsurancestore.com

answer a couple of questions, click enter and up pops about 9 policies broken down with various options. One of those options that you can search by is pre-existing conditions.

You don't have to buy, the site doesn't ask for e-mail (I think) youy can just side by side compare.

Agree, you can learn a lot from their website;)

• 6 months later...

CSA will include a pre existing condtion waiver as long as you have not made final payment.

Warning: it doesn't matter when final payment is due: once you have paid in full, the clock starts ticking and you have to purchase your policy within 24 hours. I just found this out!

CSA will include a pre existing condtion waiver as long as you have not made final payment.

Warning: it doesn't matter when final payment is due: once you have paid in full, the clock starts ticking and you have to purchase your policy within 24 hours. I just found this out!

There is at least one CSA policy that can include the pre-existing condition exclusion waiver IF one purchases coverage within 24 hours of final payment (defined specifically).

Note that this is "within final payment", not "within final payment deadline".

And your first sentence is not correct:

"CSA will include a pre existing condtion waiver as long as you have not made final payment."

One has the next 24 hours to start the coverage.

(I have no idea how they measure that "24 hours", and it could matter... We've never waited 'til the last minute. For one thing, one must be "able to travel" when the insurance is started, so if someone had an unexpected medical emergency that wouldn't interfere with the trip at all, at the time one needed to make that payment... I wouldn't want to have to deal with that.)

There is at least one CSA policy that can include the pre-existing condition exclusion waiver IF one purchases coverage within 24 hours of final payment (defined specifically).

Note that this is "within final payment", not "within final payment deadline".

And your first sentence is not correct:

"CSA will include a pre existing condtion waiver as long as you have not made final payment."

One has the next 24 hours to start the coverage.

(I have no idea how they measure that "24 hours", and it could matter... We've never waited 'til the last minute. For one thing, one must be "able to travel" when the insurance is started, so if someone had an unexpected medical emergency that wouldn't interfere with the trip at all, at the time one needed to make that payment... I wouldn't want to have to deal with that.)

Yes, my initial statement was followed up by the one saying that you had to purchase within 24 hours of paying in full.

I'm not sure how they determine the exact moment your time runs out, either.

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased CSA custom luxe, which indeed covers pre-existing conditions if purchased before or within 24 hours of final payment. Just a thought, Email confirmation would, of course, record the time and date of both final payment and insurance payment as email confirmations were sent almost immediately by the cruise line and the insurance company.

Another post said " you must be able to travel." What the clause continues to say is that you must be able to travel at the time of purchase of the insurance. This obviously is to exclude purchasing a plan when you are already sick.