Booked in married name, ID in old name

Ctrippe

I made the mistake of booking a cruise in my married name, however I haven't changed my driver's license yet to my new name. I'm wondering what my best option is. I could update my license before the cruise but won't have time to get the permanent one in the mail. The temp does have my photo on it though. Or should I change the name on my booking? I'd rather avoid the $50 fee if possible, but I definitely don't want to be denied boarding!

I made the mistake of booking a cruise in my married name, however I haven't changed my driver's license yet to my new name. I'm wondering what my best option is. I could update my license before the cruise but won't have time to get the permanent one in the mail. The temp does have my photo on it though. Or should I change the name on my booking? I'd rather avoid the $50 fee if possible, but I definitely don't want to be denied boarding!

If I were you, I would just make a phone call to NCL, and ask them directly (and explain to the person you talk to, that since this is a very important question you want him/her to be 100% certain about their answer by checking with their supervisor). If your temporary drivers license have your photo on it, I actually don't see why it wouldn't be accepted?

I would first call and ask if you brought your birth certificate and marriage license would it be enough before paying to change name. Can't hurt!

Congrats on your marriage!

I would first call and ask if you brought your birth certificate and marriage license would it be enough before paying to change name. Can't hurt!

Congrats on your marriage!

Thanks! I plan on calling this morning. Just wondered if anyone had been in this situation and made guy have some first hand knowledge.

I live in Georgia. We get a paper copy and the plastic one comes in the mail.

Is Georgia also one of those states that the TSA won't accept DL's soon.

That is kinda crazy that you can't get your license on the spot.

Good luck though getting it worked out.

Is Georgia also one of those states that the TSA won't accept DL's soon.

That is kinda crazy that you can't get your license on the spot.

Good luck though getting it worked out.

I was going to post the same exact question. We leave with a permanent DL as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was going to post the same exact question. We leave with a permanent DL as well.

They're mailed to us so we can be checked through Homeland Security databases. There will be a point in time when you renew that yours will be mailed too.

many states mail. Yes, it seems silly, but... it is what it is.

As to the OP getting a passport... that takes time to. Maybe even more with a recent name change - though I do not know anything about that.

Note too all new brides out there.... leave EVERYTHING in your maiden name and change stuff when you get back.

many states mail. Yes, it seems silly, but... it is what it is.

As to the OP getting a passport... that takes time to. Maybe even more with a recent name change - though I do not know anything about that.

Note too all new brides out there.... leave EVERYTHING in your maiden name and change stuff when you get back.

Wow, in Canada you can get a passport with a 24 hour turnaround time.

Where do you live that you do not walk out the door of the DMV with your permanent drivers license?

Under relatively new Federal regulations, no one is able to walk out the same day with a license.

Thanks everyone! I called and they switched my reservation back to my maiden name for no charge. :) she did say it would have to match.

That is the easiest way. The next way would have been to bring a certified copy of your marriage license showing the name change.

I seem I'm late to the party, but if anyone else is in this situation... bring your marriage certificate. I always book in my maiden name so it matches my passport, which I'm too cheap to update, but I've asked at check-in if I could book in my married name and they said as long as a have a bridging document it's fine.