August 13th Venice-Rome

Jridou

Boy this board is slow ;-) Anyone on this sailing? We're a family of 5, kids are excellent travelers and unanimously picked this sailing over Carnival, Princess and MSC ships with similar itineraries.

We'll be doing 3 days in Venice pre-sail (in an apartment in Carnaggio) and 3 days post sail in Rome near the Vatican. We're hoping to do some independent touring and adventures in port -with the exception of Pompeii, that looks like enough of a hassle to just do the ship's excursion.

Also I'm booking a private transfer from Civitavecchia (by the time we pay for 5 train tickets, we may as well) and once you pay for 5, you can fit 8, so if there's a couple of a family of 3 who'd like to split that with us (your share would be around 45 Euros) let me know!

Hi, my husband and I are on that cruise. Looking forward to it! Haven't thought about transfers yet, but that may be an option... we're also doing days in Venice before and Rome after. Smart kids btw - picking the tall sailing ship :)

• 2 months later...

Oh okay, I thought with private transfer the price was fixed for up to 8 people. We are staying near the Piazza del Popolo, maybe driver can carry on to there as 2nd destination, or we pick up a second cab/take metro. Let me know, if it doesn't work, I'll book something else, no worries. Thanks.