ChoiceAir Website Enhancements Coming September 9th

Andy

Hi Everyone,

The folks at ChoiceAir wanted to give us a "heads-up" on updates to the ChoiceAir Website (www.choiceair.com), coming this Sunday, September 9th.

I hope this is helpful !

================================================== ====================

ChoiceAir is new and improved!

The next release of ChoiceAir will be launched Sunday, September 9th . This latest version will provide users with more availability, more flight options and several easy to use screen filters to quickly manage all the new data!! That’s right….more technology at your finger tips!!!

Here is what’s new in this latest release….

View up to 200 flight options!

Now ChoiceAir will display up to 200 flight options from a single search request depending on the market. The current limitation in ChoiceAir is now 40 flight options.

Utilize filters to modify availability displays instantly!

New filtering capability will allow users to instantly filter availability displays for non-stop and connecting flights, airline selections, departure and arrival times and price.

Quickly switch from “Roundtrip” to “Separate” flight displays!

Roundtrip and Separate Flights tabs quickly changes the availability results from a roundtrip display with inbound and outbound flights listed and priced together to a separate flights display which inbound and outbound flights are listed separately.

Expanded flight details link to review flight information!

Expanded flight details section provides in depth information regarding the flight times, connections, layovers and code-share carriers data for users to quickly access information about their flight itinerary.

Enhanced flight selection capability in Quick Flight Search! Quick Flight Search on the ChoiceAir Start Page has been enhanced by adding calendar drop-down boxes to speed up the flight search process!

A few more bells and whistles on the Choice Air "front end". None of which changes any of the underlying issues with buying a "Choice Air" ticket.

One interesting question (of course not addressed) is whether this new interface will make it easier to get information on the fare class and fare rules of the ticket you are purchasing. My wager (and it would be for a lot) is NO!!

View up to 200 flight options!

Now ChoiceAir will display up to 200 flight options from a single search request depending on the market. The current limitation in ChoiceAir is now 40 flight options.

[/font][/size]

Wondering how long it will take someone to read that, believe that it says something that it doesn't say at all, and post something to the effect of, "See? Now they show you ALL the "flights," not just 40, so you KNOW you're getting the same "ticket" you'd get booking directly from the airline." :rolleyes:

One interesting question (of course not addressed) is whether this new interface will make it easier to get information on the fare class and fare rules of the ticket you are purchasing. My wager (and it would be for a lot) is NO!!

Agreed, and I'll go all in on that wager.

I thought the old ChoiceAir let you do a dummy booking ("Quick Flight Choice Only", and from the results of the search, you could click on a link and get the fare rules? Or is old age setting in?

For grins, I looked at the FAQ http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/aboutChoiceAir.do

"ChoiceAir Assured Arrival Service shall not apply in the event that: the guest(s) cancel the cruise, cancel the flights or fail to follow airline check-in policies and requirements.
the original selected airline has a scheduled change
, discontinues service between the required cities, or becomes insolvent prior to the day of travel."

Emphasis added. Is there a difference between a "scheduled change" and a "schedule change"?

I thought the old ChoiceAir let you do a dummy booking ("Quick Flight Choice Only", and from the results of the search, you could click on a link and get the fare rules? Or is old age setting in?

For grins, I looked at the FAQ http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/aboutChoiceAir.do

"ChoiceAir Assured Arrival Service shall not apply in the event that: the guest(s) cancel the cruise, cancel the flights or fail to follow airline check-in policies and requirements.
, discontinues service between the required cities, or becomes insolvent prior to the day of travel."

What you've quoted are not "fare rules." Just fyi

I thought the old ChoiceAir let you do a dummy booking ("Quick Flight Choice Only", and from the results of the search, you could click on a link and get the fare rules?

Emphasis added. Is there a difference between a "scheduled change" and a "schedule change"?

Your link doesn't work. And what you've quoted isn't a fare rule. It's just discussing "ChoiceAir Assured Arrival Service" which has nothing to do with an airline's fare rule for a particular ticket.

Your link doesn't work. And what you've quoted isn't a fare rule. It's just discussing "ChoiceAir Assured Arrival Service" which has nothing to do with an airline's fare rule for a particular ticket.

The link no longer works for me either. It's at the ChoiceAir website (http://www.choiceair.com/), click on "About ChoceAir"

My bad, two topics in one post.

The first was that I thought you could get to the fare rules on the old ChoiceAir web site once it presented a list of potential flights, and I was wondering if I mis-remembered. If I remembered correctly, no longer having the fare rules is not an enhancement.

The second topic was that trying to see if I could find something about the fare rules on the ChioceAir website, I wandered around and noticed that odd wording of "scheduled changes". Airlines can have schedule changes anytime they want. Which means that "assurance" is not much assurance at all. If the airline changes your departure by 5 minutes, too bad. Or I misunderstand "scheduled changes".

Sorry for the confusion.

(I understand "fare rules" to be that stuff in all uppercase that looks like

FLIGHT APPLICATION

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AA FLIGHTS 0001 THROUGH 5099.

SEASONALITY

NO SEASONAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

DAY/TIME

NO DAY/TIME TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

INTERNATIONAL CONSTRUCTION

NOT A CONSTRUCTED FARE

VOLUNTARY CHANGES

NO VOLUNTARY CHANGES DATA FOUND.

VISIT ANOTHER COUNTRY

NO VISIT ANOTHER COUNTRY PROVISIONS APPLY.

COMBINATIONS

DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED. END-ON-END END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED WITH NO RESTRICTIONS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE POINT OF COMBINATION. END-ON-END NOTE - PUBLISHED AA AND OTHER AIRLINE FARES SOLD IN COMBINATION WITH AIR SEA FARES MUST BE ISSUED ON SEPARATE TICKETS. COMBINABLE WITH OTHER AA AIR SEA FARES ONLY. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER AA IN RULE 5048/8008 IN TARIFF WHAAR - BETWEEN THE USA/CANADA-AREA 1 OR RULE 0080 IN TARIFF FBRNAPV - WITHIN NORTH AMERICA OR RULE 5048 IN TARIFF 077ATP AA87R - WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AA88R - BETWEEN THE CONTINENTAL USA-ALASKA/ HAWAII AA89R - BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES-CANADA AARTB - BETWEEN PUERTO RICO/VIRGIN ISLANDS-CANADA PAAAR - BETWEEN AREA 1-AREA 2/3 VIA PAC VPFR - BETWEEN PUERTO RICO/VIRGIN ISLANDS-THE USA. OPEN JAWS/2-COMPONENT CIRCLE TRIPS/MULTI-COMPONENT CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS WITH AA FARES -TO FORM SINGLE OPEN JAWS -TO FORM 2-COMPONENT CIRCLE TRIPS -TO FORM MULTI-COMPONENT CIRCLE TRIPS WITH AA FARES EXCEPT FOR AROUND-THE-WORLD FARES. OPEN....

and goes on and on. If I'm using the wrong term, I'll be happy to be corrected.)

Archived