Fashion?

rocketgirl

Fashion? Not sure but I am dying to share this!

Shhh . . If you happen to be on the same trip as me (Star Princess leaving in 3 days!) do not let the cat out of the bag.

My husband and I have been married for 17 years and this is our first vacation without the kids (we have 3 teenage sons) EVER! I could go on at length about how excited I am but that is not the purpose of this post. After 17 years I am still madly in love with my sweetheart but I would be dishonest if I told you that time does not create “routines” and I feel the need to “Shake things up” a little for this trip in the romance department.

So, I bought a Long Blonde Wig! (I am a brunette) and a fairly slinky black dress. My husband is not aware of this. Here is my plan, one night I am going to ask him to meet me somewhere for dinner (come up with some kind of story to get him out of our cabin before me) and am going to transform into my version of a blond bombshell and go up to meet him.

I think I am even more excited about my planned surprise (and what will happen after) than the formal nights!

What do you all think?

Congrats on your 17 years and I'm excited for you that you are so excited about this upcoming trip and a return to romance. DO ask the room steward to move those twin beds together the moment you step on the ship. For whatever reason it seems when we arrive, ours are always set up separately.

Your plan reminds me of a favorite "All in the Family" episode. Gloria brings home a brunette wig to "kick it up a notch" with Mike and he falls for it in a major way. He gets so hott for the brunette that he can't or won't perform when she is not wearing it. She ends up accusing him of having an affair with her "hair". It's really pretty hysterical. Your plan reminded me of that.

I'm sure your husband will appreciate your plans. I think you will find that the beautiful blue sea, warm ocean breezes, starlit nights, and best of all --- freedom from the wonderful children --- will be a major aphrodisiac, or at least it always is for us (people ask us about the shows in the evening - hmmm DO they have shows in the evening?) ;)

Is this your first cruise also? You are in for a big treat. I'm envious. No cruises for me until September.

Is your new look something you'd care to wear OUTSIDE your cabin? If it is, here's an idea that's kind of fun.

Send your husband on some kind of errand, and arrange to meet him at a bar later (and when I say 'at a bar', I mean AT THE BAR of a cocktail lounge).

Arrive a few minutes early, and position yourself so that he'll have his back to you when he sits at the bar. Hopefully, he'll plant himself on a bar stool without seeing you first.

Then, have a bar waiter send him a drink (you could even go to the bar in question before your husband's arrival and arrange ahead of time). He'll turn around and see you in your slinky dress and wig.

Or, you arrive after he does, slide up real close to him at the bar and ask in your best sexy voice if he'll 'buy a lady a drink'.

If it's not a look to share with fellow passengers, maybe you could arrange to have some chilled champagne or other goodies (chocolate-covered strawberries?) delivered to the cabin?

It does my heart good to hear that couples who've been together as long as you have still look for ways to spice things up!

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you have a great time!

T

Is your new look something you'd care to wear OUTSIDE your cabin? If it is, here's an idea that's kind of fun.

Send your husband on some kind of errand, and arrange to meet him at a bar later (and when I say 'at a bar', I mean AT THE BAR of a cocktail lounge).

Arrive a few minutes early, and position yourself so that he'll have his back to you when he sits at the bar. Hopefully, he'll plant himself on a bar stool without seeing you first.

Then, have a bar waiter send him a drink (you could even go to the bar in question before your husband's arrival and arrange ahead of time). He'll turn around and see you in your slinky dress and wig.

Or, you arrive after he does, slide up real close to him at the bar and ask in your best sexy voice if he'll 'buy a lady a drink'.

If it's not a look to share with fellow passengers, maybe you could arrange to have some chilled champagne or other goodies (chocolate-covered strawberries?) delivered to the cabin?

It does my heart good to hear that couples who've been together as long as you have still look for ways to spice things up!

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you have a great time!

T

Oh Trevoli . . . I love it . . . perfect! How I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see this play out. Rocketgirl . . . you go girl! ;)

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes.

And thanks for the addtional ideas - this is morphing from "I wonder what he would think if I suprised him as a blonde?" into "I think I am going to rock his world!!" - I love the Meet-me-at-the-bar idea! Maybe after I will ask him to go to a show with me? - Nothing like letting the suspence build a bit!;)

Yes, 17 years of packing for 5, camping, road trips, cleaning up muddy knees and the occasional vomit, handing out bandaids, and "What do you mean you forgot to pack underwear?!" type of vacations has me soooo looking forward to this one!:)

Be certain to get a few pics. Add to the intrigue and take on a new name. In years to come you can really light his fire at home by just casually mentioning at dinner "oh, I heard from ******, shes going to visit some time this weekend" Watch his wicked smile!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I feel like I owe you all a report on how my plan went to become a temporary blonde for one evening on our cruise. . . . In a word, it was fantastic! – However, I don’t know that I can take all the credit. The cruise itself was amazing and I could have been dressed in rags and blacked out my front teeth and it would have been romantic! – Having said that, my plan to surprise my husband with the blonde wig, skimpy dress and attitude that goes with that was an absolute success!! We had one of those evenings that we will remember for years to come and after being married for awhile, having teenagers and working hard in our “normal” lives I feel fortunate that the “Spark” is still strong in our relationship and that we can still have fun as a couple! – He was very surprised (even shocked) but quickly realized it was me and that my plan was to do just that. We have been home for only 3 days and the glow of our vacation is still very fresh for both of us but I have no doubt that the inside jokes about how he met a really hot blonde on the boat will last a long time! – We are home now and acting like googoolly eyed teenagers – My 17 year old son actually told us, while rolling his eyes in disgust, to “get a room!” – Fun, fun, fun!! And as a side note, this was our first cruise and I am totally hooked!! – Thank you all, it has been fun to share my little story in this forum (Not something I have done with friends, family and co-workers)!!

For all you ladies out there – you are welcome to borrow my plan – or create your own, it was well worth it!!!!!

A cruise is truly the most romantic trip for us ladies! It's the only vacation where I feel like I am really ON VACATION! No decisions to make at all! No cooking, no cleaning, etc... My day is filled with whatever I want it to be filled with! Shopping, shows, dancing, dining...whatever! And Rocketgirl, this was just your first cruise! My Husband of almost 29 years and I are going on our 16th cruise this Summer and I still get all "giddy" with excitement in anticipation of his seduction ;)! Some things just get better all the time! Cruising and romance fall in that category!

Archived