My Infinity Around the Horn Review

HokiePoq

Hopefully I will link this correctly:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=272238

I noticed that some of the most negative reviews are from some who have few or no posts/reviews. I'm not sure what people expect, but our experience on the Infinity was a positive one. Perhaps there is more motivation to post a negative rather than a positive review. We are snowed in (once again) and remembering our good times on this cruise was a mental vacation. It would have been great to have done the back to back and included Antarctica but we already had extensions on both ends of the cruise. I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Thank you for writing your review. While I know many negative reviews are written stemming from one or two unpleasant experiences, it is still hard to ignore them completely. Each time I read a positive review, like yours, I feel better and more assured that our upcoming cruise on the Infinity will be excellent.

Steve

Thank you for writing your review. While I know many negative reviews are written stemming from one or two unpleasant experiences, it is still hard to ignore them completely. Each time I read a positive review, like yours, I feel better and more assured that our upcoming cruise on the Infinity will be excellent.

Steve

Thanks, and enjoy your coming cruise!

Thanks for review - I guess no MAJOR storms while at sea worth mentioning on your trip.

We're going Infinity in May '15 and encouraged to hear the MDR food was satisfactory, which matches our experience with MDR on Equinox 2 months ago.

As far as buffet, I enjoy the Asian choices, e.g. curries - we always do buffet for lunch and sometimes (me) evening 'nibble' after our early-seat MDR.

HAPPY CRUISING

Edited by greydog
sp

Good to read your thoughts on the excursions. I was wondering about the travel time to Puerto Madryn and Punta Tombo. The excursion is 7 hours, with 5 hours of travel listed in the description. That's a long time on a bus! But nice to read you thought it was worth it. Did you see pengiuns anywhere else?

How many days of the cruise were cold weather vs the warm season upon embarkation?

Good to read your thoughts on the excursions. I was wondering about the travel time to Puerto Madryn and Punta Tombo. The excursion is 7 hours, with 5 hours of travel listed in the description. That's a long time on a bus! But nice to read you thought it was worth it. Did you see pengiuns anywhere else?

How many days of the cruise were cold weather vs the warm season upon embarkation?

Those were the two places we saw penguins. We could have gone to other places but figured two were enough. It was warm when we left Chile but turned cold as we went south. Ushaia (spelling?) was windy and cold. It was pleasant at Punta Tombo. Uruguay was warm as was BA.

We felt we had adequate time at Punta Tombo in spite of the ride. We were given a nice box lunch to eat after we toured and many took naps on the way back. I brought my waterproof jacket I bought in Alaska and was glad I had for some of the ports. DH bought a jacket on the ship as his was not heavy enough. It was a pain to carry more than one coat (one was lightweight) but both were needed.

Thank you for your review. It answered lots of my questions about doing the SA cruise around the Horn. Did yourtrip also include the Chilean fjords?

This is on my bucket list too.

Good to know that you have to pack for both warm and cool weather.

I read somewhere here on CC that the Infinity will be doing a long drydock in 2015. I love the M class ships.

We have done only S class ships for the last 8 years. Could you tell me what kind of shape the Infinity is in? If anyone has done an S class ship and the Infinity recently, can you please tell me how the food compares.

Celebrity is doing some interesting itineraries using their older ships. It is hoped that they have been spruced up and are not too disappointing comapared to the S class.

We are doing this cruise next year. Was there anything you did not bring (besides the coat for your husband) that you wised you had brought?

Do you know where they handed out the tender tickets for those not on Celebrity's tours?

Thanks for the review.

Barb