Hotel in Copenhagen

frannie

We are on the royal princess next August . Thought we would stop in Iceland for 2 days but decide to do Copenhagen instead before the cruise . Any suggestions on a good hotel close to the centre of the tourist attractions . We will take a taxi from the airport to hotel and then a taxi to the ship . Don't want something too expensive

We loved the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen. It's near the airport, and they offer a free shuttle to the hotel. The train station is very close to the hotel, and it's a quick trip into town. We booked the Princess shuttle to the port and used the hotel's shuttle to take us to the airport.

We are on the royal princess next August . Thought we would stop in Iceland for 2 days but decide to do Copenhagen instead before the cruise . Any suggestions on a good hotel close to the centre of the tourist attractions . We will take a taxi from the airport to hotel and then a taxi to the ship . Don't want something too expensive

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Royal, which is right next to Tivoli Gardens. It's also on the train/subway which you can take to both the airport and the port (although a cab to the port is more convenient).

I had used Priceline to bid for a hotel and got the Clarion Neptune. I think we paid around $140. It was in a great location 1 block from Nyhavn. The price included breakfast and to our surprise.. Dinner! We took advantage of the dinner the first night because we were tired but ate at Nimb in Tivoli the second night. I think a cab to the ship from there was $20.

Our favorite lunch was when we took a croissant with meat and cheese from the breakfast buffet, a small bottle of wine from our mini bar with the two wine glasses, and walked a block down to the theatre on the canal. We sat on the edge of the huge deck around the theatre, dangling our feet over the edge, watching the boats go by on the canal. It was a gorgeous sunny day and such a memorable lunch in Copenhagen!

I can recommend the Phoenix COpenhagen. Booked directly with the hotel and got a great rate. Just down the street from the Royal Palace and at changing of the guard they parade in front of the hotel. Easy walking distance to all the major sites.

Tried ol line reservation to get a rate at several hotels and they seem to have no rooms available for our date aug 17 and 18 2014

We stayed at the Hotel 27 on the Stroget. It was absolutely charming, included free wifi, breakfast, and evening "snacks" (which sufficed for dinner. Lattes were also free. By European standards, the room was pretty big and the bathroom was great.

We stayed at Hotel 27 also. Ditto on the amenities, the food was a very good and plentiful. However, ask for a street side room. The courtyard is the waiting area for the Ice Bar and was very noisy til the early hours. This was several years ago. don't know if the Ice Bar situation has been fixed. On our return after cruise we overnighted at the Marriot which we got on priceline. Id check the ports board and other sites that detail how to use bidding as the Marriot was the only hotel in its category and I believe about $100.

It might be too early to make reservations for 2014.

We loved the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen. It's near the airport, and they offer a free shuttle to the hotel. The train station is very close to the hotel, and it's a quick trip into town. We booked the Princess shuttle to the port and used the hotel's shuttle to take us to the airport.

We stayed here, too. The only problem I could come up with was there was no where close to the hotel to eat breakfast and their breakfast was kind of expensive. Otherwise I agree that it was just fine.

We stayed here, too. The only problem I could come up with was there was no where close to the hotel to eat breakfast and their breakfast was kind of expensive. Otherwise I agree that it was just fine.

When we stay at the Sheraton in Duesseldorf which is attached to the airport, we always go over to the airport to eat dinner and breakfast, lots of places to choose from. Maybe something to consider in Copenhagen?

I just went thru this and found I wanted the Airport Hilton in Copenhagen as we have a very early flight the morning after our Royal Baltic cruise. I could not find it for less than $286 on any of the suspect sites we use and was googling just the name of the hotel hoping to find other booking sites and found the Hilton for $191 - taxes and all and includes a free breakfast at http://www.vivastay.com. If this get stripped it is www door vivastay dot com. If you find a hotel you like (check trip advisor) and then check out this site for a lower price! It is also a rate I can cancel up until 48 hours of arrival.

When we stay at the Sheraton in Duesseldorf which is attached to the airport, we always go over to the airport to eat dinner and breakfast, lots of places to choose from. Maybe something to consider in Copenhagen?

While it was near the airport, it wasn't attached to the airport. You would have to take their shuttle back and forth.

Two thoughts come to mind:

First - if you want to be sure you see Iceland, you may want to visit there before the cruise. We did the TA starting on Sept 10 this year, and a huge storm kept us out of Belfast, Iceland and Greenland. We've decided if we want to see Iceland (and we REALLY do!) we should do it as a land tour, not as part of a cruise. August may or may not be OK, but why take a chance on missing Iceland? We had 96 people signed up for private all-day tours - and we all missed them. Major disappointment!

Next, we stayed in the Clarion Collection Neptun in Copenhagen, and enjoyed it. Very close to the Nyhavn canal and to shopping areas close by, and free breakfast and dinner (light diner, but enough). Got it through TripAdvisor and Booking.com at a good rate.

Good luck on seeing Iceland, and enjoy Copenhagen - it's a great city to visit.

Howard

We stayed at the Radisson next to Tivoli Gardens as well and found it very convenient to walk or travel to all the sites in Copenhagen. We actually found strolling through the streets of Copenhagen very fascinating and we ended up walking almost everywhere including to the Little Mermaid clear across town. Lots of places to eat including local cuisine. The hotel restaurants were pricey, so we ended up just going across the street to eat or next door to grab local open faced sandwiches.

While it was near the airport, it wasn't attached to the airport. You would have to take their shuttle back and forth.

No shuttle needed, you can walk directly from the hotel to the airport, go down from the hotel level to the parking garage ground level, cross the street, and there you are. We have done it several times, last one this Spring.

The Maritim is also next to the airport, but have not stayed there yet.

We also stayed at the Clarion Neptun two nights pre-cruise and two nights post cruise in 2012. Great location and with breakfast and the light dinner it was a good rate. Very efficient staff, good WiFi and you can print out your boarding passes in the lobby. We walked the Stroget, to Tivoli, and to three palaces, rode the HOHO canal boats on 24hr passes, and used taxis to and from the airport and ship. The taxi driver who brought us in from the airport was quite a tour guide. We LOVED our Baltic Cruise trip!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I can't imagine going to a fantastic and charming European city and staying in an American chain hotel near the airport.

Since you'll be there in August, my first rec might not work if air conditioning is a must-have for you: the Kong Frederik. It's very near Tivoli and two blocks from the head of Stroget. Small rooms but very well appointed. Assuming the one snippy woman at Reception has moved on, the staff overall is very nice.

Copenhagen Strand: three blocks from Nyhavn, a 10-minute walk to Stroget. Nice water views from some rooms. Friendly staff.

These two are reasonably priced, mid-range hotels. I heartily endorse the above-mentioned Phoenix if you want to spend a bit more.

I had used Priceline to bid for a hotel and got the Clarion Neptune. I think we paid around $140. It was in a great location 1 block from Nyhavn. The price included breakfast and to our surprise.. Dinner! We took advantage of the dinner the first night because we were tired but ate at Nimb in Tivoli the second night. I think a cab to the ship from there was $20.

Our favorite lunch was when we took a croissant with meat and cheese from the breakfast buffet, a small bottle of wine from our mini bar with the two wine glasses, and walked a block down to the theatre on the canal. We sat on the edge of the huge deck around the theatre, dangling our feet over the edge, watching the boats go by on the canal. It was a gorgeous sunny day and such a memorable lunch in Copenhagen!

We have also had a good experience with this hotel in Copenhagen. Great location, small hotel vibe, friendly staff, and generous breakfast and dinner included in price.

The Crowne Plaza Copenhagen is miles from the airport. We must not be talking about the same hotel.

And the more I think about it, unless you are willing to take the train it would be more convenient to stay where all the action is. Price was a factor, though.

No shuttle needed, you can walk directly from the hotel to the airport, go down from the hotel level to the parking garage ground level, cross the street, and there you are. We have done it several times, last one this Spring.

The Maritim is also next to the airport, but have not stayed there yet.

Perhaps you are thinking about the Hilton at the airport?

I stayed at The Admiral Hotel and loved it. Around the corner from the Nyhaven Canal, down the street from the royal palace. It was a 15th century grainery warehouse, and is so full of history. Rooms were reasonable, right on the water. has a good restaurant I think called "The Salt". Close to The Little Mermaid and parks. It has a central location that is hard to beat. The rooms are all unique with the beams from the origional structure still in place. Outstanding Hotel!! Jim

I just went thru this and found I wanted the Airport Hilton in Copenhagen as we have a very early flight the morning after our Royal Baltic cruise. I could not find it for less than $286 on any of the suspect sites we use and was googling just the name of the hotel hoping to find other booking sites and found the Hilton for $191 - taxes and all and includes a free breakfast at http://www.vivastay.com. If this get stripped it is www door vivastay dot com. If you find a hotel you like (check trip advisor) and then check out this site for a lower price! It is also a rate I can cancel up until 48 hours of arrival.

Thanks for the suggestion. I see the great rate you mention for the Hilton and I booked it. I do find some very mixed reviews about this company. Have you ever used this before or know of anyone that has?

We will be in Copenhagen for 3 days pre-cruise in May -- I booked our flights with Expedia and got the Best Western City Hotel for $154 including breakfast which I thought was a very good rate. It has a central location for exploring and gets good reviews on TripAdvisor so I'm happy!

Thanks for the suggestion. I see the great rate you mention for the Hilton and I booked it. I do find some very mixed reviews about this company. Have you ever used this before or know of anyone that has?

I have not, but I gave them no money, so as long as I have a room at this rate I am happy. I will print off my confirmation to take with me!

I have not, but I gave them no money, so as long as I have a room at this rate I am happy. I will print off my confirmation to take with me!

Thank you for your response.

You were able to make a booking without giving them you credit card information? How long ago did you book?

I thought they were charging me at the time of booking, but it was only a few days ago and I have not confirmed.

Archived