sandcastle beach

piggey56

just came back from serenade of the seas trip jan 8th to 15th and stopped at sandcastle beach. what a great beach and friendly people. when you go ask for bruno--he serves the drinks and food on the beach and make sure you get a passionfruit colada--it was the best !!!! the taxi ride was fast and cheap too. can't wait to go back. they also rent snorkel gear for $5 for the day.

just came back from serenade of the seas trip jan 8th to 15th and stopped at sandcastle beach. what a great beach and friendly people. when you go ask for bruno--he serves the drinks and food on the beach and make sure you get a passionfruit colada--it was the best !!!! the taxi ride was fast and cheap too. can't wait to go back. they also rent snorkel gear for $5 for the day.

Do you recall the taxi cost? Cost for chairs/umbrella? How far away from the pier? Thanks.

Do you recall the taxi cost? Cost for chairs/umbrella? How far away from the pier? Thanks.

hi puffinater--when you get to end of pier there is a taxi stand and just tell them your going to sandcastle beach. it was $6 per person round trip. we did the rum punch package--2 chairs, 1 umbrella and 2 rum punches for $25- friends of ours rented 2 chairs for $5 each. the taxi ride was about 15 minutes.

hi puffinater--when you get to end of pier there is a taxi stand and just tell them your going to sandcastle beach. it was $6 per person round trip. we did the rum punch package--2 chairs, 1 umbrella and 2 rum punches for $25- friends of ours rented 2 chairs for $5 each. the taxi ride was about 15 minutes.

Thanks for taking the time to answers. Good info.

I went to Sandcastle in Jan 2010 and will be going there again week

after next:D

It really is a nice resort...relaxing, good staff, great way to spend

a few hours on the beach:)

Ft. Frederick beach was being used during our 1/3 cruise. I did not go there so I'm not sure what condition it was in but it was not closed.

We did go to Sandcastle beach and enjoyed the snorkeling. It's not spectacular but there were quite a few fish around the rocks and coral areas and the water was very clear and calm.

Ft. Frederick beach was being used during our 1/3 cruise. I did not go there so I'm not sure what condition it was in but it was not closed.

We did go to Sandcastle beach and enjoyed the snorkeling. It's not spectacular but there were quite a few fish around the rocks and coral areas and the water was very clear and calm.

This is great to know.

DH & I are avid snorkelers.

We have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and are always on the hunt to find a good beach to hang out too.

Alright:

2 Chairs - check!

1 Umbrella - Check!

2 Rum punches (for me) - Check!

My Wife will definitely go for the passion fruit colada.

We'll be there next week. Thanks.

We were there last week. Our DH's were golfing so we decided to go to Sandcastle Beach for the day. Took a taxi from the end of the pier. I think it was $6. What a great beach!! Nice beach bar too!! It was the most beautiful beach we were on the entire cruise. 2 chairs, umbrella and 2 rum punches for $25. Great view of the ship too.

We were there last week. Our DH's were golfing so we decided to go to Sandcastle Beach for the day. Took a taxi from the end of the pier. I think it was $6. What a great beach!! Nice beach bar too!! It was the most beautiful beach we were on the entire cruise. 2 chairs, umbrella and 2 rum punches for $25. Great view of the ship too.

I will be there on Sunday too:). It really is a great spot:)

If you want to get a little exercise, you can walk to Sandcastle beach quite easily. It's not more than a mile and you walk next to the shore. I walk every day and found it more enjoyable to walk to the beach than walking on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you have to reserve this online before you go? I know you can reserve through their website, but do you HAVE to? We are not sure what we want to do yet, so it may be a last minute decision. If we do the reservation online, where do you go when you get to the resort? Same place if you don't have reservations?

Thanks- looks like a great place to spend the day!

• 2 weeks later...

We were just at Sancastle Beach on 2/15. No need to reserve ahead of time. We took the shuttle from the end of the pier. $6 round trip. They let you out in front of the resort and you go through the resort to the beach. $25 for two chairs, an umbrella and two rum punches. We also enjoyed use of their pool and wash room. There was a lady at the front desk when we arrived, she said just see the man on the beach. Don't worry, if you sit in the chairs he will come around to get paid. Very nice beach and good drinks at the outdoor bar!! Enjoy.

We were just at Sancastle Beach on 2/15. No need to reserve ahead of time. We took the shuttle from the end of the pier. $6 round trip. They let you out in front of the resort and you go through the resort to the beach. $25 for two chairs, an umbrella and two rum punches. We also enjoyed use of their pool and wash room. There was a lady at the front desk when we arrived, she said just see the man on the beach. Don't worry, if you sit in the chairs he will come around to get paid. Very nice beach and good drinks at the outdoor bar!! Enjoy.

With the shuttle being round trip pricing, how does this work? Do you pay at the end when they pick you up to bring you back to the ship?

Archived