Veterans Cruise

Prof Peg

And I am the friend..

OK, first off. Carnival DOES offer Military both active, Retired or Veteran a discount.. I might suggest that you contact Carnival and talk with a PVP. (Personal Vacation Planner) I can't suggest one by name here due to rules.. Also you can contact a good travel agent for information on Military Discounts..

Now for Veteran cruises.. I was on the Carnival Valor in 2009 for a Veterans cruise.. It was a blast.. We even had a gentleman by the name of Sammy Davis, a CMoH recipient with us. (Look him up, he deserved it and many more) The Veterans cruise was set up by others and not CCL.. We just had it on a CCL ship.. CCL was very helpful however it was a TA that did all the work.. Again due to rules, I can't offer up that TA's information.

Do some research both here and on GOOGLE and the next one should pop up.. (More than likely you will have better luck on GOOGLE)

I hope that this helps..

Thank you all for your service..

**A note to the moderator. If this post will get me sent to the naughty room, please delete it.. **

Mike,

We are back for our 4th Salute to Veterans cruise in May of 2013. You are correct, we did have a blast especially enjoyed Sammy. The second one had Maj Donlan CMH. It was a blast also. We are trying to get this one going and so far the response has been good. Missed you on the second one.

Hope all is well with you guys

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is not an advertisement, but if you served at least one tour and were honorably discharged you have to sign-up at -- USAA-dot-com! It's totally free with absolutely no obligation. I kid you not!

One of their many benefits is a travel service, and they have ALWAYS gotten us great deals on cruises!

• 2 weeks later...
We are having our 4th Salute to Veterans cruise in May 2013. We hope you can join us. It will be on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale going to the Southern Caribbean. We are just a group of Veterans, familie and supporters that cruise for fun. Let me know if anyone is interested. It is not an organized cruise, but a group that gets together. Everyone is welcome. We have great rates and amenities.:D

OOOOO OOOO WHEN? WHEN? My hubs & I will be on the Freedom May 18th. He's currently at Ft. Hood TX with 3d CAV & I was 3rd ID here in Savannah. We will be on our long overdue honeymoon but would love to bump into ya'll & give you a well deserved pat on the back!

• 1 month later...
We are still looking for folks to join us for the 4th Salute to Veterans cruising leaving FLL in May 0f 2013:D

I was also on the Salute to Vets Cruises I & II - with the USAF guys. Met many of the 4th ID who were there, maybe you! Didn't do the III cruise as we've done Alaska and IV is out for us as we're doing an 11-day to Hawaii in Sep on Celebrity. One of these times we'll get back in sync and perhaps see you and visit again with the many interesting Brothers-in-arms.

Please say "Hello" to Beverly from Mike & Karen from WI.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

Was just in Saint Louis last Fall for a Pleiku AB reunion.

Edited by Wifflebat

• 3 weeks later...
It's very unfortunate but Carnival never lists any military discounts.

That's not true at all. If Carnival is offering a military rate for a particular sailing they will definitely list it as a booking option for those that qualify.

We have been taking advantage of Carnival's military rates on various sailings for years, and are currently booked on the Miracle with a military rate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

AHOY SHIPMATES

MY DW (20 yrs) and I (23 YRS) are both USN RET and WE CRUISE A LOT

SOME CRUISELINES OFFER A MILITARY DISCOUNT BUT WHEN YOU CHECK PRICES THEY ARE THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE. CARNIVAL HAS A MIL PRICE BUT WHEN THERE IS A PRICE REDUCTION BEFORE THE CRUISE YOU DONT GET IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE MIL PRICE AND YOU ACTUALLY LOSE $. THIS HAS HAPPENED TWICE BUT THE 2ND TIME OUR AGT TOOK IT OUT OF HIS PROFIT

WE HAVE HAD THE SAME TRVL AGT FOR ALL OUR GLOBETROTTING BUT STILL INVESTIGATE SEVERAL ADS MOST OF WHICH ARE NOT TRUE WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM LINE. IF YOU DONT HAVE AN AGT THE ONE ON BASE IS USUALLY GOOD PLACE TO START SHOPPING

GARY

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone going on the Princess 'Cruising for a Cause - U.S. Veterans'? How about you "eyeamacruiser" ?

Check-in on the roll call if so. :):)

http://www.princess.com/cruisingforacause/veteranscruise.html#.Ufa5O6zheOE

There are several cabins being discounted as of today for this cruise if anyone is interested!! Price drops of 9.5% to 25%!

• 3 weeks later...

DH is going on the Veteran's Cruise with Princess in November with a business friend; I opted to sit this one out. There's a new parking facility at the port and it offers free parking for disabled Vet's with documentation. Since DH is renting a car at the airport, to see the sights and get to the pier, he is also taking a copy of his VA documentation to take advantage of the free parking offer.

Darcy

• 9 months later...
Is there anywhere in particular that you can see listings of upcoming military appreciation or veterans cruises? I was looking for something on Carnival, but when I enter the search term at the Carnival site, it comes back with an entry from 2007 (that doesn't work).

AHOY SHIPMATE,

Icruise about once a month (I'm an addict) on Carnival from JAX and find that military rates are at random for NO apparent reason, but there are a few advantages ie; shipboard credits sometimes and" no penalty" cancellations.

When looking to book, call the booking office @ 1 800 227 6482 and ask for details on currently avail perks. If answer is'nt real clear, ask for a supervisor.

It's not a question often asked. Happy sailing. I have done several cruises since earlier posts and found that it is the least trouble and cheapest to deal direct w Carnival. (not so with other Lines) They are always cheaper than dealing with the ticket office on base.

Edited by antique sailor
more info

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I have been on here. We had a blast on the Salute to Veterans cruise 1,2 and 4 (didn't make 3). Our 5th one leaves from Puerto Rico on September 20, 2014.

Plans for the 6th one are in the works for October 2015. Beverly has the info. If You are cruising with knowledge, you would be CRUISINGSMART.

We have a former POW as our guest speaker this year.:D