New Ship New Venue Needed??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:38 AM.
99 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Limit kids numbers on Princess??? Isn't it a retirement village (cruise). Lol Sorry had to. Been on one. Very slow paced. Not to bad. Will go back in 12 years when i hit 60... Sorry if i offended..
Sydney, Australia
7,499 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Hunter69
Limit kids numbers on Princess??? Isn't it a retirement village (cruise). Lol Sorry had to. Been on one. Very slow paced. Not to bad. Will go back in 12 years when i hit 60... Sorry if i offended..
We did a PNG cruise on Sun Princess and, although there were a lot of us older folk on that cruise, Crooners was hopping every night until we reached Brisbane. Quite a few people disembarked then and a new group, with quite a few younger ones, joined the cruise. Things were a lot quieter in Crooners for the last two nights.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney

Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise
Sydney
127 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
I feel I have a pretty low tolerance for children misbehaving despite having 3 of my own. I've never really experienced bad behaviour by children on Carnival or P&O, including during school holidays. See much worse on an average day out at the beach or lunch at a cafe in Sydney.
The kids were all either in the pool, at kids club or doing the kid-oriented activities. Very easy to avoid by just going to the adults pool, to later dining or activities that wouldn't interest kids.
As soon as my kids have taken themselves off to kids club my main cruise aim is always to avoid all children as much as possible. I've always found that was pretty easy just by going to quieter parts of the ship. Obviously the main pool deck is not the place to go for peace and quiet.
I think I once had someone do a knock and run on our door and that is about it.
As for the trivia, game shows, deck games etc, I thought having kids there enhanced the atmosphere as they are all so enthusiastic.
Of course if you can't stand children at all then it is going to be an issue.
New Zealand
468 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by wagtail_syd
I feel I have a pretty low tolerance for children misbehaving despite having 3 of my own. I've never really experienced bad behaviour by children on Carnival or P&O, including during school holidays. See much worse on an average day out at the beach or lunch at a cafe in Sydney.
The kids were all either in the pool, at kids club or doing the kid-oriented activities. Very easy to avoid by just going to the adults pool, to later dining or activities that wouldn't interest kids.
As soon as my kids have taken themselves off to kids club my main cruise aim is always to avoid all children as much as possible. I've always found that was pretty easy just by going to quieter parts of the ship. Obviously the main pool deck is not the place to go for peace and quiet.
I think I once had someone do a knock and run on our door and that is about it.
As for the trivia, game shows, deck games etc, I thought having kids there enhanced the atmosphere as they are all so enthusiastic.
Of course if you can't stand children at all then it is going to be an issue.

That gives me hope as I was concerned about naughty children on my next cruise. On the solstice I only saw ones who were behaved. Adults only spaces will suit me just fine!

Going with 3 nephews who love to swim and are likely to go to the kids club they should have plenty to do. If they're naughty to me their parents can deal with them. They'll ban them from something fun for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up next:
30 December 2017 - 9 night New Years cruise to New Caledonia (P&O Pacific Explorer)
16 March 2019 - 13 night South Pacific, Fiji & Tonga (Celebrity Solstice)
Sailed:
1 March 2017 - 12 night South Pacific & Fiji (Celebrity Solstice)
Canberra Australia
37,249 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by chesterbear
That gives me hope as I was concerned about naughty children on my next cruise. On the solstice I only saw ones who were behaved. Adults only spaces will suit me just fine!

Going with 3 nephews who love to swim and are likely to go to the kids club they should have plenty to do. If they're naughty to me their parents can deal with them. They'll ban them from something fun for sure.

A bit of discipline early will stop most misbehaviour later.
BTW, I don't think Corporal Punishment is necessary, there are much better forms of discipline.
Sydney
127 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Our last P&O cruise they had "Youth Security" staff monitoring the swimming pools and public areas. Great idea! Made sure everyone was safe and kids behaviour wasn't detracting from other people's holidays.
New Zealand
468 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Our last P&O cruise they had "Youth Security" staff monitoring the swimming pools and public areas. Great idea! Made sure everyone was safe and kids behaviour wasn't detracting from other people's holidays.

I wonder if they make cabin calls. Say around 6.30 if the nephew decides to wake me up. I'm not a morning person

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up next:
30 December 2017 - 9 night New Years cruise to New Caledonia (P&O Pacific Explorer)
Sailed:
Canberra Australia
37,249 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I wonder if they make cabin calls. Say around 6.30 if the nephew decides to wake me up. I'm not a morning person

LOL, bring earplugs.
New Zealand
468 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by MicCanberra
LOL, bring earplugs.

They're on my pre holiday shopping list not leaving home without them!!

I feel like I should stock up on my knowledge of pranks too.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up next:
Sailed:
Sydney
127 Posts
Joined Feb 2015

I'd be getting him a swipe card for Mum and Dad's cabin so he can take himself off for some quality time with them in the morning.
Canberra Australia
37,249 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I'd be getting him a swipe card for Mum and Dad's cabin so he can take himself off for some quality time with them in the morning.
Great idea.