Royal Princess round the horn in its 2019 repositioning from FL to CA?

San Diego Ellie

I was told this by a Princess agent when I said that I wondered what Royal was doing between Feb. 2 when it was still in Florida, and March 23, which is the first date of the Mexico Riviera cruises. I think this is a 49 day period. Does anyone have firm info on this, and does anyone know when these 49 "missing days" will be released?

If this was already posted by someone, I missed it.

yes, it will be a 49 day cruise from FLL to LA around the horn!! I think it will be very popular, just like the Grand Princess was when it did it the first time!

What ports would be included?

Ft. Lauderdale ► St. Thomas ► Antigua ► Barbados ► Trinidad► Fortaleza ► Salvador ► Rio de Janeiro ► Montevideo ► Buenos Aires(overnight) ► Puerto Madryn ► Falkland Islands (Stanley) ► Cape Hornscenic cruising ► Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego) ► Punta Arenas ► AmaliaGlacier scenic crusing ► Puerto Chacabuco ► Puerto Montt ► Santiago(Valparaiso) ► La Serena (Coquimbo) ► Pisco (San Martin) ► Lima (Callao)► Costa Rica (Puntarenas) ► San Juan Del Sur ► Puerto Vallarta ► Los Angeles

This looks very interesting, must try to find prices!!

Based on this chart (SAM_WC_USD tab), prices begin at $6,899 USD for the 49 day Ft Lauderdale to LA cruise.

https://book.princess.com/xls/onesource/pc/PC_2018_2019ExoticsSailingScheduleFaresAmenities.xls?cid=brand_email_info_internal_program_destnews_se7ex001_170511_exotics,release

Ft. Lauderdale ► St. Thomas ► Antigua ► Barbados ► Trinidad► Fortaleza ► Salvador ► Rio de Janeiro ► Montevideo ► Buenos Aires(overnight) ► Puerto Madryn ► Falkland Islands (Stanley) ► Cape Hornscenic cruising ► Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego) ► Punta Arenas ► AmaliaGlacier scenic crusing ► Puerto Chacabuco ► Puerto Montt ► Santiago(Valparaiso) ► La Serena (Coquimbo) ► Pisco (San Martin) ► Lima (Callao)► Costa Rica (Puntarenas) ► San Juan Del Sur ► Puerto Vallarta ► Los Angeles

Some of these ports cannot really handle the number of passengers on the Royal, especially the Falkland Islands.

Many passengers will be disappointed when shore excursions (both Princess and independent) will be totally booked and thus unavailable to them.

• 5 months later...
Some of these ports cannot really handle the number of passengers on the Royal, especially the Falkland Islands.

Many passengers will be disappointed when shore excursions (both Princess and independent) will be totally booked and thus unavailable to them.

Do you have any idea as to when we can book excursions? Any suggestions for private excursions? Thanks.