Cruisepark Southampton thoughts please......

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!


Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:37 AM.
#1
midlands, UK
641 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I’m wondering is anyone on here has used cruisepark Southampton before?

Looking for a few thoughts and experiences of them.

Before i get loads of replies saying we use " X " car parking, ibest say my husband is very fussy when it comes to where and who he leaves hiscar with. So meet and greet types are not an option as he will not let anyoneelse drive his pride and joy. He likes to park and where possible take the keyswith us so he will not consider

The last time we sailed from Southampton we used Alternativecruise parking ACP and to be honest the prices are roughly the same but one isout doors the other claim to be inside.

Hubby has used Google maps to see where Cruise park arebased and didn’t think much to where you go to.

So has anyone used them and can give their thoughts on their service. Many thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[color="DarkOrchid"]Jules

November 2010, Caribbean Princess around the Caribbean, our 1st cruise.
September 2012 Grand Princess Mini Cruise
September 2013 Independence of the Seas Cork & Norway
September 2014 Emerald Princess Mediterranean Medley
August 2015 Island Princess Grand Mediterranean
Jan 2016 P&O Ventura, sampler cruise.....
Carnival Vista October 2016. 10 days Barcelona To Athens "ok but not great sorry won't be booking on one of their ship any day soon"
Hope we find a good cruise to use our FCC with Princess on, can't wait to jump back on board with them again
#2
Moreton Wirral
115 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Another paranoid driver here lol. Your hubby and I would get on well I think. If you are sailing P&O I use CPS. Parking is secure opposite the ship and the distance travelled by your vehicle could hardly be classed as driving. Very good service each time I have used them.


Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#3
Staffordshire
1,832 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Johnno3c
Another paranoid driver here lol. Your hubby and I would get on well I think. If you are sailing P&O I use CPS. Parking is secure opposite the ship and the distance travelled by your vehicle could hardly be classed as driving. Very good service each time I have used them.


Sent from my iPad using Forums
Where you pick up your car on disembarkation is not where CPS park your car for the duration of the ship. When you drop off your car at the terminal they are then driven away and parked at a secure area within docks and could be 2-3 miles away and port authority rules are that the cars are then returned to where you pick it up 24hrs prior to you disembarking. If you imagine how many P&O, Cunard ships leave Southampton on a daily basis and the number of cars parked and they both use CPS the car park where you pick up from isn't big enough.
#4
midlands, UK
641 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I'm looking at cruiseapark and alternative as both have a self park service we can book extra for. No way will he let someone else drive the car away plus he feels better knowing he has the keys and the car is where HE let it.
Which rules out CPS or ABP for this cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[color="DarkOrchid"]Jules

November 2010, Caribbean Princess around the Caribbean, our 1st cruise.
September 2012 Grand Princess Mini Cruise
September 2013 Independence of the Seas Cork & Norway
September 2014 Emerald Princess Mediterranean Medley
August 2015 Island Princess Grand Mediterranean
Jan 2016 P&O Ventura, sampler cruise.....
Carnival Vista October 2016. 10 days Barcelona To Athens "ok but not great sorry won't be booking on one of their ship any day soon"
Hope we find a good cruise to use our FCC with Princess on, can't wait to jump back on board with them again
#5
Staffordshire
1,832 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by minikiss
I'm looking at cruiseapark and alternative as both have a self park service we can book extra for. No way will he let someone else drive the car away plus he feels better knowing he has the keys and the car is where HE let it.
Which rules out CPS or ABP for this cruise.
If you are cruising with P&O, Cunard or Princess you cannot park using ABP anyway.
#6
Edinburgh
3,125 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
If he feels so strongly maybe you should consider public transport. I doubt if any parking service will guarantee not to move your car and the location is hardly going to be in a 'good' area, with land prices. There's a very good rail service to Southampton which we use from Edinburgh and it crosses the country diagonally to get there obviously. We send our luggage with The Baggage Handling Company. There's also the option of Cruise Connect coach.

Would a private transfer be more expensive than the parking depending where you live? Or maybe a hotel a bit further out and stay overnight the night before?

If he wants absolute peace of mind, he may have to consider options rather than driving
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Still to come:

P&O Ventura Caribbean and USA 5th February 2018
P&O Aurora USA and Canada 16th September 2018

P&O Ventura Bermuda, USA and Caribbean 5th February 2019
#10
North West
1,801 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by minikiss
I’m wondering is anyone on here has used cruisepark Southampton before?

Looking for a few thoughts and experiences of them.

Before i get loads of replies saying we use " X " car parking, ibest say my husband is very fussy when it comes to where and who he leaves hiscar with. So meet and greet types are not an option as he will not let anyoneelse drive his pride and joy. He likes to park and where possible take the keyswith us so he will not consider

The last time we sailed from Southampton we used Alternativecruise parking ACP and to be honest the prices are roughly the same but one isout doors the other claim to be inside.

Hubby has used Google maps to see where Cruise park arebased and didn’t think much to where you go to.

So has anyone used them and can give their thoughts on their service. Many thanks
Hi,
Yes we used Cruisepark Southampton whilst on the recent Arcadia World Cruise. I cannot praise them highly enough. You arrive at the unit, leave your car. We did leave them a key but took the main set with us. They provide a taxi to the port and on our return we called them once through customs and a car arrived within 20 minutes to take us back to the car. They will valet and wash your car if required which after 4 months ours did.

We are using them again next month and another 3 times this year.

Benton is the owner and is very likeable and we felt very trustworthy.

Sue