Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 20

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Photo & Camera Discussions

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:34 AM.
Southern California
7,849 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Pictures taken between Monday, May 15 and Sunday, May 21.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them." - Louis Armstrong

A cruise ship is my favorite camera accessory!
Mesa, AZ
2,226 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Don't know if anyone knows about this... something called Stonehenge...

And a really big clock in London

Horsies!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
West Sussex, England
318 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by shootr
Waterfalls of Scotland

Whiskey
Shootr,

Did you enjoy your 'swally'

Dickie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed 28/03/2016 Norwegian Epic

Sailed 05/11/2015 Norwegian Spirit

Sailed 26/10/2008 Carnival Valor

Sailed 17/12/2011 NCL Jade

Sailed 08/09/2013 Celebrity Eclipse
West Sussex, England
318 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by shootr

And a really big clock in London

Horsies!
Shootr,

Come on, everyone knows London isn't sunny, it's always thick FOG (pea souper) or raining...

Dickie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed 28/03/2016 Norwegian Epic

Sailed 05/11/2015 Norwegian Spirit

Sailed 26/10/2008 Carnival Valor

Sailed 17/12/2011 NCL Jade

Sailed 08/09/2013 Celebrity Eclipse
Mesa, AZ
2,226 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Jack_Tar
Shootr,

Did you enjoy your 'swally'

Dickie
That Teeling was a bit sharp, I'll stick to Jameson.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mesa, AZ
2,226 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Jack_Tar
Shootr,

Come on, everyone knows London isn't sunny, it's always thick FOG (pea souper) or raining...

Dickie
Out of nearly 2 weeks in Ireland and UK, we've had two days of rain - at least partly sunny every other day.

I joke to whomever listens we brought it from Arizona - every one of them tells us we're not allowed to leave.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Southern California
7,849 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
On Monday, we began our long trip home by sitting in the Miami International Airport for about six or seven hours. During that time I made the trek to find something to eat better than the plastic-wrapped fare from the stand near our gate. While walking the mile or so that yielded coffee, an Egg McMuffin for Kim and a Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit for me, I saw dozens of these colorful wooden rockers along the sides of the concourse. Oddly, most were stacked and inaccessible and the few that weren't were all empty. Another weird art installation? A novel idea that fell flat? Who knows? They were interesting enough to land the shot for week twenty.

MIA Rockers

Dave
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them." - Louis Armstrong

A cruise ship is my favorite camera accessory!
Boca Raton, Florida
2,326 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Yay! I downloaded two weekends of shots from my camera, so I get to post in two weekly threads at the same time! Here's some more action from the local wetlands here in Florida:

This is a basilisk lizard - not native here, but to Central America. Also known as a 'Jesus Christ' lizard as they can jump up on their hind feet and run across the surface of the water...this one was too lazy for that and just sat half-submerged looking back at me:

OK - get out the marker so you can count these off. In what might be the largest brood of ducklings I've ever seen, this momma mottled duck had all these ducklings resting in the cypress knees - and I couldn't even count them all until I got home and viewed them on my computer blown up. My final head count is an amazing 21 ducklings!:

And a closeup look at some of these cuties:

Speaking of cute, check out this little cottonball that sprouted big legs...this is a black-necked stilt chick:

If you're wondering why on earth a tiny little chick like that would have such huge legs...it's because when it grows up, it's going to look like this:
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

106,666 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
The pictures of Scotland, Stonehenge (there is a picture on our library wall of us standing in front of the stones) and London bring back a lot of memories from when we did a land tour back in the 70's of the British Isles.

24 ducklings -- amazing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.