2004 SUMMITEERS - The Sequel

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:33 AM.
Florida
3,454 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
I'm training a new girl at work, so I didn't get anywhere near the eclipse, but our nurses took photos with their phones that didn't turn out too bad. Hope to see the next one in 7 years.

Not hard to travel with only carry ons when you don't do much to dress up for. If people don't like what we are wearing.....don't look at us..... Our cruises now have mostly been about being able to totally relax and just do what we want when we want...or nothing at all. With the cruise line reserving all the good seats at the shows for suite people, sometimes we don't even go to the shows, unless it's something we really want to see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
NW Ohio
8,305 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Jill, what will the new girl be doing? Backing you up while you cruise? Gary is going to get lonely at home, you know; then who knows what he will be up to. He may start working on Garrett to move down your way.

Grace, I am with you on the GPS, but I will go you one better. I never leave home without my AAA maps as well. And, if we are going very far, like when we drive to FL, we take my portable GPS, which has lifetime updates of its maps. Garrett got me that one year when he got an anniversary award from his employer. I think he got one every 5 years. He would get a catalog and there were things he could select from according to his years of service. So, that year he picked a cute little GPS for me, as he already had one. Well, the year he retired and he bought his Ford Explorer which had a built-in GPS, was the first year we drove to FL. We were in this little town called Bradenton , and wouldn't you know, his GPS froze up. Good thing we had my portable one (just in case, of course!). But, I still take my maps along in case we get stuck in traffic and I want to plot an alternate route or decide how far we want to drive until we stop for lunch or dinner, that kind of stuff.

Jill, I heard from Janet yesterday and she said she only wants to shop on this upcoming cruise in Wittenberg and in Miessen (home of very nice porcelain). We shall see.

Becki
Becki
Willow Glen Ca.
4,051 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
....Good Afternoon, Summiteers....Shall we begin.....After Checking in, it is a short walk to our room on the first floor...I requested a room with a bay view...But, I didn't get it...We got the parking lot view again....Oh, well..The room itself was huge, easily twice the size of our cabin on the Oasis...A big 55" inch flat screen is on the wall...desks, chairs even a chaise lounge.....mini-fridge, safe, plus a huge bathroom with a sunken stall shower...The bed in this room was big and I mean big...plus it was the most comfy hotel bed I have ever slept in.

After we unpacked, we were both tired, so we laid down in that comfy bed and took a nap.....When we woke it was dinner time, the restaurant in the hotel looked good, so we went there for dinner...The name of the restaurant was AVILES...It was Easter dinner time, so the place was empty. Just us and another couple staying there...While looking at the menu, the pretty waitress brought us baskets of this really good bread and butter...We thought we would start with appetizers...Kathie Lee got Seared Scallops and I got Crispy Jumbo Lump Crab

Cakes....These were very large and very good....By the time we had finished...We didn't have room for an entrée...So we just skipped to the dessert..We decided to spilt an order of Tiramisu and have special drinks to go with it...I got a Rusty Monkey, which is Drambuie and Monkey Shoulder Scotch. Kathie Lee got a Golden Cadillac which is Galliano, Crème de Coca and Cream. The drinks and the cake were out of this world, Good......Since I didn't want our nice waitress to suffer, I tipped her as though we had ordered Entrees...So, feeling no pain we weave back to our room, to give that comfy bed a workout.. ..Next time, Breakfast at the Hotel and the Red train tour of St. Augustine.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
NW Ohio
8,305 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Beau,

After all that driving, I'll bet you were tired. But if the hotel was that empty, why could they have not given you a room with a view?

Your meal sounds yummy. I often just get an appetizer and dessert, especially if it's a crab cake or something similar. Yummy!

Becki
Florida
3,454 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Becki...Our new girl can probably run the place by herself while I'm gone. We at last have someone who can speak Spanish. Which is good since 50% of our patients are Spanish.

LOL on Janet only wanting to shop in a couple locations. Will you be the one to remind her of this when she gets side tracked...

Come on....you guys know you will want to get out of the cold and move to Florida one of these days...don't put it off forever.

Beau....so happy you got a good room and had a nice meal. I like Drambuie but I tried Scotch once and it tasted like rocket fuel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Bradenton, Fl
3,149 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by shortstuft
... I like Drambuie but I tried Scotch once and it tasted like rocket fuel.
...you got that right by the end of the evening she was shooting flames from her posterior.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05, Adventure of the Seas 4/23/06, Empress of the Seas 4/9/07, Sovereign of the Seas 11/30/07, Liberty of the Seas 4/26/08, Sovereign of the Seas 8/1/08, Granduer of the Seas 11/20/08, Freedom of the Seas 4/26/09, Monarch of the Seas 9/25/09, Oasis of the Seas 4/24/10, Monarch of the Seas 11/29/10, Freedom of the Seas 4/10/11, 10/31/11 Monarch of the Seas, 11/27/11 Freedom of the Seas, 4/23/12 Jewel of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas 7/2/12, Monarch of the Seas 10/29/12. Jewel of the Seas 12/8/12, Jewel of the Seas 4/27/13, Freedom of the Seas 8/11/13, Brilliance of the Seas 2/1/14, Freedom of the seas 6/8/14, Enchantment of the Seas 8/29/14, Vision of the Seas 11/29/14, Vision of the Seas 3/28/15, Enchantment of the Seas 6/5/15, Vision of the Seas 12/16/15, Majesty of the Seas 5/27/16, Freedom of the Seas 7/17/16, Oasis of the Seas 4/23/17, 6/7/17 Empress of the Seas

NW Ohio
8,305 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by CruzHawk
...you got that right by the end of the evening she was shooting flames from her posterior.
And Gary, Did you use the flames to some advantage, like making s'mores?

Becki
NW Ohio
8,305 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Jill,

Hard to understand why, in FL, your practice had such a hard time finding a bilingual worker. Was it that you weren't getting applicants or that the applicants you were getting weren't qualified for the job in other ways?

Glad the new girl seems to be what you need.

Well, if my sister gets to the point of being able to once again live on her own... be careful what you wish for!

Becki
Bradenton, Fl
3,149 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by rjscott
And Gary, Did you use the flames to some advantage, like making s'mores?

Becki
... yes but the chocolate in the s'mores was not the high quality in which I'm accustomed to.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05, Adventure of the Seas 4/23/06, Empress of the Seas 4/9/07, Sovereign of the Seas 11/30/07, Liberty of the Seas 4/26/08, Sovereign of the Seas 8/1/08, Granduer of the Seas 11/20/08, Freedom of the Seas 4/26/09, Monarch of the Seas 9/25/09, Oasis of the Seas 4/24/10, Monarch of the Seas 11/29/10, Freedom of the Seas 4/10/11, 10/31/11 Monarch of the Seas, 11/27/11 Freedom of the Seas, 4/23/12 Jewel of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas 7/2/12, Monarch of the Seas 10/29/12. Jewel of the Seas 12/8/12, Jewel of the Seas 4/27/13, Freedom of the Seas 8/11/13, Brilliance of the Seas 2/1/14, Freedom of the seas 6/8/14, Enchantment of the Seas 8/29/14, Vision of the Seas 11/29/14, Vision of the Seas 3/28/15, Enchantment of the Seas 6/5/15, Vision of the Seas 12/16/15, Majesty of the Seas 5/27/16, Freedom of the Seas 7/17/16, Oasis of the Seas 4/23/17, 6/7/17 Empress of the Seas

NW Ohio
8,305 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by CruzHawk
... yes but the chocolate in the s'mores was not the high quality in which I'm accustomed to.
Well, if you had had proper notice...
Bradenton, Fl
3,149 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by rjscott
Well, if you had had proper notice...
... exactly
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature