***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:29 AM.
Illinois
2,562 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
No I don't color my hair at all anymore, just wash and curl it a little, some natural curl so it stays pretty good. I cut my own too, for a while till I get it pretty out of shape. Then I go and get it cut at a beauty shop.

Was lazy this morning and didn't even go to church. So it has seemed like a long day today. Glad I have something to do tonight.

My knee has been bothering me today, I really don't want to have anything done to it and worried that sooner or later might have to have a knee replacement. That would be hard being by myself. Also since I favor my right knee quite a bit, my left hip has started to hurt also.

Got a couple of windows in the kitchen washed. Did them yesterday but they looked so bad when the sun shined through them, had to do them today again.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,665 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I was lazy this morning as well and slept it later than I usually do. Kind over overcast all day, and it looked like rain, but we never got any at this point.

What do you think happened to your knee and your hip that you think that you might have to have replacement surgery? You may have to have your inserts adjusted as that can cause much pain in your body. I had the very same while in Seattle and once I got home and had them adjusted I have felt much better.

Also go to the drug store and pick up this roll on called Bio freeze. You roll it on your knee or other parts of your body that is in pain and it really helps to relieve the pain.

Well I hope that you enjoy the MJ tribute tonight. I will be interested to hear all about it. Have fun and enjoy,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,562 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I have bio freeze and do use it on my knee. I don't know what I did to it over the weekend but sure was stiff again this morning. I went to zumba anyway and after moving around for an hour it loosened up and felt better. I read somewhere the osteoarthritis treatment is moving so maybe that's what it is. Anyway don't want a replacement so hope it gets better. I don't have orthotics but they might help if I did. What doctor did you get them through?

I enjoyed the MJ concert, I don't think he sounded too much like him but he had the make-up, the hair, the costumes, the dance moves and the songs so it was pretty good. He said he also does Prince and the last song he did was Purple Rain and all the lights on stage were purple.

There was too much clouds today to see the eclipse, but afterwards the sun came out. I was cutting grass all afternoon and when the moon went in front of the sun I could feel the drop in temperature. I had the glasses to wear but didn't need to use them.

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,665 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I got my inserts from my foot Dr. He makes a cast just like anyone would make a cast. He molds the cast around your foot and then sends the cast to make your inserts. Everyone past the age of 50 should have inserts that mole to you foot. Just being a little off in you stance can greatly affect your body and the inserts helps to keep you in proper balance.

It is always good for our body to keep it moving with regular exercise. So good that you are keeping up with the Zumba. Swimming is another great exercise as well. Unless you are with the NASA program the only place on this planet where you will have zero gravity is in a pool.

All in all it sounds like you had a great experience last night at the MJ tribute. Hard to believe how these performers do what they do to act and look like the persons who they are acting like.

We had a break in the clouds where we could get a glimpse of the eclipse. I am told that in 7 years the next eclipse will go right though our state and we will get 100% darkness. I did not have the glasses, but the bank across the street from my work had them and were passing them around the parking lot and that is how I was able to view it.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Illinois
2,562 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I should probably find a good foot doctor to go to, those inserts might be just the thing I need. Last week at the Barn Dance I met a gal who had been in charge of the food pantry in town until just lately. She still volunteers there and asked me to come on Tuesday to help distribute the food. So I went today and ended up standing from 1 to 5 pm. My back was hurting and my legs were tired from just standing and not moving around much. I did enjoy it though and she is real nice. She is also into the "setting me up" with someone. The guy they, her and my pet sitter, had mentioned before didn't sound like someone I'd like to meet. Seems he is still in mourning for his wife and is now on anti depressants. I still have bad days too so I don't think that would be a good combination.

Didn't go to zumba today, the Tuesday teacher/leader is not that great so kinda good I have something else to do now.

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,665 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, tonight is the last game for bocce for the regular season. Then after tonight we start the 3 rainout's games that were canceled due to the weather.

I can tell you this, when we were in Seattle we did a lot of walking and I was in a great deal of pain. Once we got home e and went to the Dr, he adjusted my inserts and I have been doing much better. Plus the shot has helped a great deal as I let things go way too long. Standing for long periods of time is also not very good for your back.

Yes, I can see that you have to be careful when meeting someone. These people may think that they have your best interest. But you are the only one who can decide what is best for you.

Today another day in the 70's and no rain in the forecast until next week. Bill started back to work this morning. No more staying up late as he has to get up at 6:30 now.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,562 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
It was pretty darn cool tonight. But at least it didn't rain. I did my zumba class this morning then rode my bike this afternoon for about 5 miles. Tonight went to see the girls. Next Wed night we will meet at the fair.

Talked to my sister, she had some blood work done and now they have scheduled a PET scan for Friday. Hope it turns out okay, I would be worried but she doesn't seem to be.

Heard today also a friend was riding on a motorcycle with her husband, they were "T-boned" by a car. Both are in intensive care fighting for their lives. Things can happen so sudden!

Hope you had good luck tonight and the next 3 make-up games!
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13