Hotel near the Brooklyn Cruise Port

Teris50

any suggestions for a nice/decent hotel close to the Brooklyn Cruise port for people that are flying in a few days prior to cruising?? We could stay somewhere else and take a taxi to the ship, but someone suggested looking close to the port.

any suggestions for a nice/decent hotel close to the Brooklyn Cruise port for people that are flying in a few days prior to cruising?? We could stay somewhere else and take a taxi to the ship, but someone suggested looking close to the port.

You may find the places you want to visit as more accessible near Manhattan, rather than Brooklyn, transport wise.

Hi,

I am sailing on the QM2 later this month from Brooklyn. I am flying to New York City the afternoon prior to the cruise and spending one night at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. However, if I were spending more time in New York City, I would book a hotel in Manhattan.

Chuck

We usually stay at Sheraton or Aloft both on Duffield Street Brooklyn. It's near to subway, Juniors a pharmacy and about 5 minute walk to a great supermarket on Flat Bush

A quick 10 minute taxi to the cruise port.

Also try Steve's key lime pie place near the red hook cruise terminal. See link

http://stevesauthentic.com/wpnew/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jackieo

We were happy with our one night pre cruise stay at the Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

https://www.choicehotels.com/new-york/brooklyn/comfort-inn-hotels/ny507

It was a reasonably priced room that included a free buffet breakfast & a free 5 minute shuttle van to the ship. We walked to a pizzeria on the main street (Van Brunt?) in late afternoon to get pizza to go but later discovered menus in our room from several nearby restaurants that had free delivery.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you are staying on one night, look for hotels near JFK... we did that last year when we board the Queen Mary 2... There are several hotels out there, not in a good neighborhood but we had dinner at the Hilton... which was fine for one night.

If you just need a night before cruise and aren't planning any site seeing in Manhattan or anything- The Hilton Garden Inn at JFK has a shuttle to and from JFK- it is near car rentals at Federal Circle. I like their little restaurant- all rooms have a mini fridge and microwave-- The Hampton Inn is cheaper, have stayed there as well- but not like other Hampton Inns- no microwaves and often no little fridge.

We depart from Brooklyn next week. We are staying one night ahead of the cruise at the Hampton Inn Brooklyn. 125 Flatbush Ave. Extension, Brooklyn NY. I picked this as we were able to use hotel points for a free stay and the location looked good. We fly into LGA. The hotel is a short cab ride to the port. From looking at Trip Advisor, etc., it appeared that the hotels right by the port are not the best as there is not much there other than the port and I even read that those hotels don't have cabs on site. We figured it made sense to stay close but not right at the port.

• 11 months later...
I am bumping up this thread. What is everyone's thoughts on the Sheraton Brooklyn? Looking for just a one night pre-cruise hotel sailing out of Brooklyn.

We stayed there a few times, on our cruises out of Red Hook, good location, very accommodating staff, will get you car service to the port. Small restaurant, but with the many around the blocks nearby, you won't have to eat there, off the block with Macys, Duane Reed (Walgreens) short walk to Brooklyn Bridge and Promenade

Which cruise date?