Help! Royal Caribbean changed our rooms

We are booked on the Allure TA in April and have been booked for a year. We had Aft Boardwalk balcony rooms that RC changed after final payment to a less desirable location. To make matters worse we are traveling with my sister and her husband and they did not put us next to each other as we originally had. This may not seem like a disappointment to others but this trip was special as we are celebrating the end of chemo, radiation and surgery for my husband as he was diagnose with 2 different cancers in the past 2 years and my 60th birthday. Who can I contact to express my deep disappointment and try to get better rooms by my sister?

Thanks

We are booked on the Allure TA in April and have been booked for a year. We had Aft Boardwalk balcony rooms that RC changed after final payment to a less desirable location. To make matters worse we are traveling with my sister and her husband and they did not put us next to each other as we originally had. This may not seem like a disappointment to others but this trip was special as we are celebrating the end of chemo, radiation and surgery for my husband as he was diagnose with 2 different cancers in the past 2 years and my 60th birthday. Who can I contact to express my deep disappointment and try to get better rooms by my sister?

Thanks

If you made your reservation with a travel agent, he/she would need to call for you, if you made your reservation directly with RCCL call 866-562-7625 and wait for the service prompt for direct reservations.

Thanks

"Disappointment" is putting it nicely...I would be furious !!!

I book my cabin/cabins very far in advance and have since 1994 and wouldn't stand for RCI to change them without a pretty good upgrade in "catagory" not according to what they might consider a better location..let alone a worse location.

Call Resolutions 800 205-9812...and stand your ground !!!!

Does anyone know an email address that I can get a response from? I would like to go high up as possible. I have booked two future cruises with a total of 6 rooms and I am deeply regretting it at this moment.

Id try Resolutions first.... ;) And as stated.... Stand your ground...

Does anyone know an email address that I can get a response from? I would like to go high up as possible. I have booked two future cruises with a total of 6 rooms and I am deeply regretting it at this moment.

You can email AGoldstein@rccl.com. He is President and COO of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTd., parent company of Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and four other brands. You could also email Michael Bayley Mbayley@rccl.com the CEO of Royal Caribbean. Good Luck :)

I'm so sorry this happened, and I hope you get something you're happy with.

I just don't understand why RCI thinks this is OK. If they have to move somebody, fine, I get that part. Is it that difficult to communicate and give someone who's been booked for a year as a special celebration some say in where they end up?:confused:

Hopefully you will be able to get this resolved. I wouldn't worry about the future cruises just yet. See what Royal will do for you and if you are not satisfied remember you can cancel the future cruises up until final payment without penalty. Hopefully if won't come to that

How far back were your balconies? I think it is a possibility that they are going to start converting those aft secret balconies to the new GS's during the TA instead of waiting for dry dock to start; that way they can be ready for revenue cruises right out of dry dock and not have to wait for a few sailings. They won't want people in the furthest back balconies due to work noise.

When you have a room that you really value you should change your upgrade preferences online so that you can't be moved. When I have a booked a promenade stateroom I tell them that I don't want to be upgraded as I really wouldn't want to be in a plain old oceanview room.

Yep, sounds pretty much like what they´ve did to those in the same cabins on the Oasis after the TA.... and then they´ve started to remodel the cabins for the new Grand Suites...

I don´t want to have one of the Aqua Theater Suites for the TA :D:eek:!! Might be a bit noisy...

steamboats

I emailed both Goldstein and Bayley.. I did book with a TA but her daughter had delicate spinal surgery yesterday and has been unavailable and I get no where on the phone. I hope she can help me today and maybe I will get a response from my emails. Thanks for all your support and I will keep you updated. I am trying not to upset mu husband until I know what is happening as he has a MRI coming up and he gets worked up enough with that.

OP,

Do you have "no upgrades" marked on your preferences? I had an issue several years ago when I booked an aft JS. RC changed me to a mid-ship JS. They claimed that mid-ship cabins were "upgrades" from afts. I didn't agree since I booked that specific cabin the day they opened the itinerary. RC would not give me the cabin back or any compensation since they insisted that I had been given an upgrade. I got on a waiting list and eventually was given an aft JS but not the one I had wanted. Once onboard I learned that a large group wanted cabins together and one of them was ours. I assume that played a role in our "upgrade."

OP,

Do you have "no upgrades" marked on your preferences? I had an issue several years ago when I booked an aft JS. RC changed me to a mid-ship JS. They claimed that mid-ship cabins were "upgrades" from afts. I didn't agree since I booked that specific cabin the day they opened the itinerary. RC would not give me the cabin back or any compensation since they insisted that I had been given an upgrade. I got on a waiting list and eventually was given an aft JS but not the one I had wanted. Once onboard I learned that a large group wanted cabins together and one of them was ours. I assume that played a role in our "upgrade."

No upgrades would not have mattered as they moved her because they were doing work on a nearby cabin.

I did not see where is was confirmed that the reason the OP was moved was because of cabin work. I saw LMaxwell speculated that may be the reason. If OP confirmed, then it must have been on another thread that I did not read.

I was offering another example of why RC moves people. Groups with multiple cabins have move pull than individuals who only have one or two.

The OP said their new cabins were in a less desirable location but not whether it was the same cabin type (boardwalk balcony). I mentioned the "no upgrades" because RC sometimes has strange ideas of what constitutes an upgrade. For me, trading an aft JS for a mid-ship one isn't an upgrade, but some passengers would be happy to make the trade.

"Desirable location" varies by cruiser, although RC should figure out by now that people who book a specific cabin over a year in advance usually have a reason for doing so.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I finally got through to conflict resolution and they admitted it was due to construction as they wanted to start early. They were not as pleasant as I hoped and I tried to hold it together but if you read my earlier posts this was a special trip. There were very few rooms next to each other available on the ship. We had such a great price that all of them were going to costs us more. I ended up having to switch to a D1 cabin 7202 and 7204 which after the OBC he offered will cost us $260 more. I am still disappointed that they did inform us as soon as they knew they were doing the construction so we would have had more to chose from and maybe taken advantage of price drops as we did with our original room.. We have learned to roll with the punches these past two years so from today forward we will dream about our new rooms and continue to look forward to the trip. I hope I get an email response from corporate but after this guys attitude that they can do what they want I won't hold my breath.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I finally got through to conflict resolution and they admitted it was due to construction as they wanted to start early. They were not as pleasant as I hoped and I tried to hold it together but if you read my earlier posts this was a special trip. There were very few rooms next to each other available on the ship. We had such a great price that all of them were going to costs us more. I ended up having to switch to a D1 cabin 7202 and 7204 which after the OBC he offered will cost us $260 more. I am still disappointed that they did inform us as soon as they knew they were doing the construction so we would have had more to chose from and maybe taken advantage of price drops as we did with our original room.. We have learned to roll with the punches these past two years so from today forward we will dream about our new rooms and continue to look forward to the trip. I hope I get an email response from corporate but after this guys attitude that they can do what they want I won't hold my breath.

That's totally not acceptable. Get on the phone to resolutions and make a bigger stink. Wow, what a favor they did you for only $260 more...:rolleyes:

I'd open the negotiation at no upcharge and $1K OBC (This is a 12 day cruise) and hope to settle for around $500 OBC. So that's basically enough to cover tips and a specialty dinner every third day of the cruise...hardly unreasonable math in my book.

Edited by LMaxwell

What happened with people on the Oasis westbound TA who were similarly displaced? Did they receive any compensation after they were moved or did they just have to suck it up and accept it? I imagine you could find out by doing a search. If the former, ask for that. If the latter, I'd let it go and hope for good weather so you can enjoy your extra large balconies.

I would be livid! We have an upcoming cruise that we booked specifically for the aft balcony. Another date would have been cheaper and more convenient. If we got moved from our room, I would cancel the cruise.

They did this to me on the Oasis 11/29/14 cruise. We didn't find out until about 55 days until the cruise. They would not let me cancel since it was past final payment without losing my deposit.

I also booked with a WOW sail and had $150 OBC.

I didn't like the cabin they put me in and wanted to "pay" to upgrade but they said that i would lose my OBC.

It was very stressful but in the end I got what I was happy with but lost a travel agent.

Bill