When is the next good RC sale?

rn4ever06

It's just a matter of time until somebody posts and insists that they got a great deal with the BOGOHO sale. That being said, aside from the few that got decent prices in May when the "sale" began, there are no good Royal Caribbean sales. Just pricing games.

The TV commercial I saw this past week mentioned this promotion through January 31st... so maybe they'll come up with a new pricing scheme starting 2/1. There's always hope, but my hope is quickly fading that this BOGO-XYZ123 will ever really go away.

I didn't get a great deal using this when I booked several months ago. But the deal was good enough that I was willing to book at the time. I've had three price drops / discounts since then on the same cruise, but nothing really significant. All considered, the price I paid for my November Oasis cruise is a little less than what I paid for my 2013 Oasis cruise, and we received $200 OBC this time.

Cause this one going on now SUCKS!:(

Therefore you won't be booking anything at this time. (LOL) In all honesty, what is a 'good sale'? Like anything else, people want to pay the lowest price possible -- in actuality, to me -- a good sale, isn't any different from a 'good price that I want to pay for something'. Call that 'wordsmanship' if you would like.....but it is true.

What I really want from Royal, and every company who sells to the public (not just in the cruise industry) is clear and simple pricing that isn't 'mysterious' or a so called 'special price' that seems to go on forever.

The TV commercial I saw this past week mentioned this promotion through January 31st... so maybe they'll come up with a new pricing scheme starting 2/1. There's always hope, but my hope is quickly fading that this BOGO-XYZ123 will ever really go away.

I didn't get a great deal using this when I booked several months ago. But the deal was good enough that I was willing to book at the time. I've had three price drops / discounts since then on the same cruise, but nothing really significant. All considered, the price I paid for my November Oasis cruise is a little less than what I paid for my 2013 Oasis cruise, and we received $200 OBC this time.

Great that you've got some price drops...even if just a bit. And wow..the fact that it's a bit cheaper than your 2013 cruise says something.

We booked early so we could select our cabin and the price seemed reasonable. But we booked a Promenade room and since there aren't many of them (and only one left at the moment that holds 4 people), I know we won't see it drop. I am monitoring for an upgrade but the only thing I'd upgrade it for would be Boardwalk with Balcony ...which is a big jump in cost based on category.

Am curios though what happens on Feb 1st if they do end the "sale". People said they ahve had this for awhile, but the base price is raised so in the end it didn't make a difference.

Great that you've got some price drops...even if just a bit. And wow..the fact that it's a bit cheaper than your 2013 cruise says something.

We booked early so we could select our cabin and the price seemed reasonable. But we booked a Promenade room and since there aren't many of them (and only one left at the moment that holds 4 people), I know we won't see it drop. I am monitoring for an upgrade but the only thing I'd upgrade it for would be Boardwalk with Balcony ...which is a big jump in cost based on category.

Am curios though what happens on Feb 1st if they do end the "sale". People said they ahve had this for awhile, but the base price is raised so in the end it didn't make a difference.

We booked 15 months in advance. We're traveling with friends this time, so we wanted to find rooms either beside each other (if OV balconies) or across from each other (if neighborhood balconies). We started in D5 Ocean View balconies. Then we switched to Central Park balconies because we wanted to try something different. Prices dropped overall on the balcony categories, and we decided to move to the Boardwalk since that would give us an ocean view and boardwalk view. We moved to cabins at the end of the boardwalk. We are on port side, 3rd from aft. Our friends are on starboard, 3rd from aft directly across from us. We aren't moving again!

I check prices every day. After making that last move to the B2 cabins, the prices have fluctuated up and down several times. I caught a price drop one day that was there in the morning and gone in the evening! That was just pure luck that I caught it because normally I don't look until the evening. The last price change we took was adding OBC. Our cruise price went up a tiny bit (seriously a VERY tiny bit) but we received $200 OBC, so the overall cost was lower. We plan to use the OBC for an excursion and specialty dining package that we had planned to buy anyway.

As a side note, I was able to link our reservations with RCI and they have been so great about allowing me to make price changes to both reservations even though I'm not technically the owner of our friends' reservation. They simply make the requested change then email her the confirmation details.

Edited by Sherri914

Most cruise lines do this kind of "not really a sale". I just booked, but it was because for me, it ended up being a decent price. And with the BOGO thing going on right now, technically I got an OV for $17 less than an inside.

I've never sailed RCCL before, but it was in a price range I could do. I was looking at Carnival for the same date and cruise length. It was a few dollars more but not much, and the ship has a lot more bells and whistles than the Sensation. Made me give it a try.

It's all relative. The human mindset is to want a good deal. But what it comes down to - is this a price I'd be happy to pay?

It's just a matter of time until somebody posts and insists that they got a great deal with the BOGOHO sale..

What exactly is a great deal though? :) Im not trying to be a smart alec. Im just curious because I think it can vary from person to person.

I always see people around here talking about balcony cabins for less than 100.00 pp per night. I have never found such a deal during ANY sale so that leads me to believe they are C&A members that are high up the ladder so they receive a nice balcony discount and can book last minute.

Im not sure its a "great deal" but I feel like my upcoming cruise is at least a good deal. I booked it this past August during that BOGOHO and its several hundred less than last time on Freedom in 2012 in the same PR category. Im in at 558.00 pp in a Promenade cabin. I'm pretty happy with that :)

I just avoid looking at the highly inflated rates in the Summary of Charges and just look at the bottom line.

Edited by ryano

It's just a matter of time until somebody posts and insists that they got a great deal with the BOGOHO sale. That being said, aside from the few that got decent prices in May when the "sale" began, there are no good Royal Caribbean sales. Just pricing games.

Well i got an outside Panoramic cabin for 1643 for two of us back in March. That includes the port fees so i think that is pretty good.

What exactly is a great deal though? :) Im not trying to be a smart alec. Im just curious because I think it can vary from person to person.

I always see people around here talking about balcony cabins for less than 100.00 pp per night. I have never found such a deal during ANY sale so that leads me to believe they are C&A members that are high up the ladder so they receive a nice balcony discount and can book last minute.

Im not sure its a "great deal" but I feel like my upcoming cruise is at least a good deal. I booked it this past August during that BOGOHO and its several hundred less than last time on Freedom in 2012 in the same PR category. Im in at 558.00 pp in a Promenade cabin. I'm pretty happy with that :)

I just avoid looking at the highly inflated rates in the Summary of Charges and just look at the bottom line.

What constitutes a good fare, absolutely varies from person to person....just like I would not spend what many do spend on a Michael Kors handbag (as an example). Everyone has to find their own comfort level and then STOP looking, or you might become irritated. (LOL)