Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Lucia

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Water Taxi Companies

Can anyone give me the names of some companies that offer water taxi service of some kind from Castries to Anse Chastanet or Soufriere? Please don't say 'there are lots of threads on this' I have been through them and every one says 'Just get book in advance there are lots of threads about water taxis' with very little info about actual companies. The ones I saw mentioned were Magic Man and discoversoufriere.com - can anyone recommend another one? Generic google searches don't bring much up.

Past
May 2011 - 8nt Carnival Miracle - NYC to HMC, Grand Turk & Nassau

Old January 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

most water taxis don't have websites - they are independent operators who operate off the beach. For booking a boat transfer in advance, there are a few options. Mystic Man (not magic man) offers great service at pretty reasonable prices. You can try Exodus or Hackshaw's for possible water taxi service. You can go to "Up to Date St. Lucia" and do a search for water taxis, there is a list of different operators. You can try contacting them, some have websites and some just phone numbers. Hopefully one will be able to accommodate your needs. Most water taxis are simply smaller fishing boats without shade or facilities, but I am sure you can find one that works for you. Good luck!

Old January 19th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Reedprincess - Can you tell me the average cost charged by these independent operators to take passengers from Castries to Anse Chastenet and back? I don't want to book a snorkel tour when I can get a better deal with one of these boats. Thanks
Mariner of the Seas, 2010 (Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta)
Crown Princess, 2012 (Rome to Venice)
Constellation, 2013 (Amsterdam to Barcelona)
Norwegian Sun, 2013 (Southern & Eastern Caribbean)
Summit, 2014 (Exotic Caribbean)
Rotterdam VI, 2014 (Jewels of the Baltics)