santo thomas with three year old

kitkat343

We will be visiting Santo Thomas with our three year old son. We want to arrange a private tour with him so we don't ruin anyone else's tour. I know both go with gus and happy fish are generally highly regarded but would greatly appreciate some assistance in selecting a tour. Is the boat ride on the Rio Dulce too bumpy for a child? I was hoping to do a humanitarian tour, but wasn't sure about the boat ride portion of it. Thanks so much!

We will be visiting Santo Thomas with our three year old son. We want to arrange a private tour with him so we don't ruin anyone else's tour. I know both go with gus and happy fish are generally highly regarded but would greatly appreciate some assistance in selecting a tour. Is the boat ride on the Rio Dulce too bumpy for a child? I was hoping to do a humanitarian tour, but wasn't sure about the boat ride portion of it. Thanks so much!

If you do NOT schedule a tour you will be stuck hanging out in the metal building at the port. Outside the gate is a military base and industrial area so it is not exactly like visiting Nassau or Cozumel. When we went on the boat ride we went across the big lake to go to the waterfall and the weather was bad so the driver pushed it to get there on time. My 75 year old mom would have hated it but my kids loved it. I think a 3 year old will enjoy the boat ride. Plus the river was calmer than the lake.

They have vendors in the metal building scheduling tours too if you decide to wait and find someone who seems family friendly. However, none of the tour guides we talked to after our trip offered a trip to where we went so if we would have waited we would have settled for something else.

This may be the only time you ever go to Guatemala so I would definitely go for it, take tons of pictures, and not worry about your child "spoiling" some stick-in-the-mud's trip.

I will have my just three year old grandson. When are you going? We are on Ryndam Dec. 1

Archived