Segway?

jb9991

There is a tour being offered at Costa Maya which involves a segway. I have never ridden one. I know how to ride a bike & roller skate. I'm not extremely active, but have no handicaps. How easy are these things to ride?

There is a tour being offered at Costa Maya which involves a segway. I have never ridden one. I know how to ride a bike & roller skate. I'm not extremely active, but have no handicaps. How easy are these things to ride?

We've driven Segways a number of times, just not the one in Costa Maya. They're very easy to control, just a matter of leaning in the the direction you want to go. The company running the excursion should go over how to control it and have you demonstrate that you can before going on with the tour. Have fun.

Joe

From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

Edited by Jojiboy

We did a Segway excursion on our own at St. Lucia this spring. It was our first time and was easy to learn.

For Costa Maya, here is the most current thread from that port: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1542038&highlight=segway

Enjoy!

we did Segway in Grand Turks....I was 60 my husband 63 and never done anything like this....they gave us a once over and made sure we knew what was going on.....no problem. Love it.