Recent Dawn Cruisers - is it hard to get ressies in specialty restaurants?

legalcruiser

Hi all - I have been reading past reviews that mentioned inability to get reservations at restaurants like Le Bistro and Teppanyaki. Did any of you have similar problems and tips re what are the best nights to try to get reservations. BTW we don't want to miss presidential dinner - does anyone know what night that was?

Thanks

Dawn 5/23/04
RCCL Enchantment 7/02
Carnival Glory 8/03

My experience on the 3/28 cruise was you could have walked into the cover charge restaurants with out a reservation, they were never crowded. Optional formal night was Monday and Lobster night was Friday. Hope I answered your question........Linda

"Happiness is a choice"
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;28;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

PS....except for Teppanyaki. There is only 2 tables that hold 12 so if you have your heart set on that restaurant def. make a reservation.

"Happiness is a choice"
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;28;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I'd have to agree with Kuppykat about Teppanyaki. But I would also add that to make sure that you get to dine in the specialty restaurants that interest you most, you're better off making reservations. I was on the Dawn, 2/28-4/04 and found that early in the week, getting a table without calling ahead wasn't a problem but as the week went on, it became more difficult to just walk in and be accommodated without a lengthy wait. You can make reservations beginning at 8:00AM on the day before or on the day that you want to eat in one of the specialty locations by either calling from your room or stopping by the reservation podium in the main atrium. I made reservations for my husband's birthday on Wed morning for Thursday night in LeBistro after stopping at the podium on Tues and asking how to ensure a booking. I was told to call or stop by as early as possible because reservations fill up quickly. I'm fairly certain that the president's dinner was on Wed. Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived