Disembark Philipsburg, St. Maarten

cmnewportri

Hi Everyone. My husband and I are booked for our fourth Seadream voyage, March 11 Bridgetown to Philipsburg. We are staying on St. Maarten for a few days post-voyage and are looking to rent a car. Two questions: Is there a chance due to conditions that we will end up NOT docking in Philipsburg? Does anyone have a car rental recommendation? Would love to find a company that would pick us up at the dock and bring us to their (airport?) location - and we would like to return the car at the airport. I believe I read that Hertz will do this. There seems to be a ton of rental companies and I guess you can't please all the people all the time because lots of them seem to have a number of negative reviews. Thanks for any help you can provide! Looking forward to Seadream!

Edited by cmnewportri

We have been on SeaDream from both SXM ports. Usually Philipsburg is the fall back if Marigot is too rough. If scheduled for Philipsburg, I would feel confident that it will stay in Philipsburg. Actually, imho, easier on off anyway. We prefer the Dutch side. Not cool but there it is.....:D

We have been on SeaDream from both SXM ports. Usually Philipsburg is the fall back if Marigot is too rough. If scheduled for Philipsburg, I would feel confident that it will stay in Philipsburg. Actually, imho, easier on off anyway. We prefer the Dutch side. Not cool but there it is.....:D

Jim is right, of course. We were scheduled for Marigot on 1/14, but ended up at Philipsburg because of the chop. I guess the only reason that you might end up at Marigot is if there is no room at the big port. But that is simply my totally uninformed opinion.

Have a great trip. If your beach party is at Coconut Grove on Nevis, you will really enjoy it. Best facilities we've ever seen.

Darn, we don't stop on Nevis. Our last stop is Anguilla. One of the stops is Mayreau, which is noted as one of the "signature" Champagne and Caviar Splash destinations - but that's our fourth day so I don't know if they would have it that early.

Darn, we don't stop on Nevis. Our last stop is Anguilla. One of the stops is Mayreau, which is noted as one of the "signature" Champagne and Caviar Splash destinations - but that's our fourth day so I don't know if they would have it that early.

Really no other reason to stop at Mayreau.