Cruise Insurance Costs

gotcha3

My wife and I always get independent insurance when we travel. We learned the hard way. After buying more policies than I care to count, a question occurred to me. If we aren't concerned with covering pre-existing conditions (neither of us, nor family have any), is it any cheaper to buy insurance just prior to or just after final payments as we'd have reduced the time of insurance by at least 9 months? Would airfares be covered if, although purchased a year out, wouldn't be included in the insurance until say, 3 months out? Thanks.

It stands to reason that the premium could be less since the risk is reduced by buying insurance closer to time of departure. You can easily test the idea by putting your information into a website like insuremytrip.com with different dates. As I understand it, any non-refundable costs would be reimbursed in either case so long as those costs are included in the amount insured.

The only thing I worry about is that any doctor's visit within the look-back period could become a pre-existing condition even if you don't have one now. For instance, if symptoms appear before you buy insurance, and your condition gets worse causing you to cancel after you have insurance.

premiums are based on the age of client and the cost of non refundable parts of your trip like air or hotel or cruise it is the same price if you buy 2 years or 2 days in advance pre existing is a perk of buying when you book many of us think we have no pre existing but for example you book a cruise over a year ahead then break a leg 6 mos before you may be healed up by sail date but you now have a pre existing issue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums