Comparison Between Azamara and Oceania

sabrefan

I don't think noting something that she didn't find onboard is necessarily complaining, especially when someone is asking for opinions. Personally, if I didn't see something, whether it be fresh berries or eggs benedict, it wouldn't occur to me to ask because I'd assume it wasn't available. I don't like to make waves ;)

I guess I interpreted the following as a complaint:

"I was on Quest for May 5 cruise. The raspberries and blueberries are some sort of stewed/frozen thing and not fresh as you get on O. I put them in my muesli, but would have preferred fresh berries."

And it isn't the first time she has written on an O vs. A comparison thread about the absence of fresh berries on Azamara as a negative. If not a complaint in your eyes, at a minimum it's an inaccuracy that needs to be cleared up. People read what others write here and believe it to be true.

What I don't understand is not wanting to "make waves" while on the ship but then doing so on the internet. If something matters enough to someone to write about it in a public forum he or she should ask about it while on board.

I would bet if someone, after seeing strawberries but no blueberries in the buffet, had asked whether there were any blueberries available, and if there were, a bowl of same would have appeared shortly on his or her table.

Not every breakfast item is put out every morning. I like kadota figs on my muesli (portofino and I were probably elbowing each other to get at the stuff ;p ) and figs are put out most mornings, but sometimes not.

"I was on Quest for May 5 cruise. The raspberries and blueberries are some sort of stewed/frozen thing and not fresh as you get on O. I put them in my muesli, but would have preferred fresh berries."

And it isn't the first time she has written on an O vs. A comparison thread about the absence of fresh berries on Azamara as a negative. If not a complaint in your eyes, at a minimum it's an inaccuracy that needs to be cleared up. People read what others write here and believe it to be true.

What I don't understand is not wanting to "make waves" while on the ship but then doing so on the internet. If something matters enough to someone to write about it in a public forum he or she should ask about it while on board.

I would bet if someone, after seeing strawberries but no blueberries in the buffet, had asked whether there were any blueberries available, and if there were, a bowl of same would have appeared shortly on his or her table.

Not every breakfast item is put out every morning. I like kadota figs on my muesli (portofino and I were probably elbowing each other to get at the stuff ;p ) and figs are put out most mornings, but sometimes not.

So that was you...just kidding. One correction you need to make...I do not ever recall complaining about berries ever on AZ board. I only wanted to know where the fresh ones were. Enough of the berry stuff....it is getting berry boring.

I think most will enjoy their AZ cruise. We did and would go again if the right itinerary presents itself.

I did inquire about the Circle Japan cruise while onboard. I asked for the OS but was told it was sold out. In all honesty the girl was not very helpful and could have cared less about discussing any of it with me. AZ's loss. I am booked with Regent and if O opens up the same itinerary and timing I will switch to O.

What I don't understand is why people (not just on this board, for sure) seem to take comments about their preferred cruise line as a personal affront and are offended if someone posts about something they personally didn't like. Every cruise line will have some negative for some passenger.

All that was necessary to correct the information is to say "the berries are next to the yogurt," rather than telling someone what they "should" do, at least in the manner it was worded.

This thread is hilarious!

Sadly I didnt see anyone on our cruse who could remotely be mistaken for a movie or rock star.

Although thinking about it DH does have bear a slight resemblance to Meatloaf occasionally.

The utterly gorgeous Mr Miggins can certain hold a tune like Meatloaf, but I think he's more like George Clooney in looks and I have the photo evidence to prove it! 😄

[quote name=portofinoitaly;53354610...

One of my favorite meals was the Indian buffet. If not for reading about it on CC' date=' I would have missed it. It lived up to its reputation.[/quote]

Me too, on Journey in southern Italy. Glad to know that this is a usual feature, since we love Indian food and this was very well done indeed!

P.S. I've been on two cruises on Regent that were immediately before a drydock, and there was no degradation of service or enjoyment. If this is the norm on other lines, then I'll make sure to avoid such timing.

Me too, on Journey in southern Italy. Glad to know that this is a usual feature, since we love Indian food and this was very well done indeed!

P.S. I've been on two cruises on Regent that were immediately before a drydock, and there was no degradation of service or enjoyment. If this is the norm on other lines, then I'll make sure to avoid such timing.

Thanks Wendy

Our cruise on Regent is on Mariner and after it's new dry dock from what I have read. I have read many nice things about the Mariner. The itinerary is fabulous.

The utterly gorgeous Mr Miggins can certain hold a tune like Meatloaf, but I think he's more like George Clooney in looks and I have the photo evidence to prove it! 😄

Lottie, Much as I wish that were true I think that is taking things a little too far. I blame the lemon drop martini's which must have affected your eyesight. So glad that we had such a great time on our lovely cruise and that we certainly were not in bed by 10.

I had lovely berries every morning too. What bliss !

Lottie, Much as I wish that were true I think that is taking things a little too far. I blame the lemon drop martini's which must have affected your eyesight. So glad that we had such a great time on our lovely cruise and that we certainly were not in bed by 10.

I had lovely berries every morning too. What bliss !

And we get to do it all over again next year Pam. 😄👏

What I don't understand is why people (not just on this board, for sure) seem to take comments about their preferred cruise line as a personal affront and are offended if someone posts about something they personally didn't like. Every cruise line will have some negative for some passenger.

All that was necessary to correct the information is to say "the berries are next to the yogurt," rather than telling someone what they "should" do, at least in the manner it was worded.

When your are laughed at or disagree with anything on their preferred cruise line, I find the best remedy is to "kill them with kindness"

He who laughs first has the last laugh :))

Thanks Wendy

Our cruise on Regent is on Mariner and after it's new dry dock from what I have read. I have read many nice things about the Mariner. The itinerary is fabulous.

I hope you love Mariner. We were on her for the first time last winter and loved the ship, our favourite Regent ship right now.

I hope you love Mariner. We were on her for the first time last winter and loved the ship, our favourite Regent ship right now.

Thank you Wendy. Actually, many of your reviews are always very helpful. You are one of the reasons I chose Mariner because I trust your judgment and know you like it too.

We also share a love for the Paul Gaugin. Balanced reviews are enormously helpful to many on these boards.

This thread is hilarious!

Sadly I didnt see anyone on our cruse who could remotely be mistaken for a movie or rock star.

Although thinking about it DH does have bear a slight resemblance to Meatloaf occasionally.

Pam, I am weeping with laughter. Mr Miggins is far more rock star than Meatloaf especially on Karaoke Night 😃

Which I for one would love to see (with permission from the subject, of course)!;)